How Would You Try and Overcome this Objection?

timamr

Guru
100+ Post Club
You are cold calling for individual health insurance and the person says something like "I have been dealing with _____ for x amount of years and he always calls to put me in a better plan yada, yada, yada"

What would you say?

Great, have a nice day :D

I'm of the school of thought that my time (or the telemarketer's time) is best spent reaching out to folks and trying to find people that are already have some level of interest. Buying questions like "what companies do you work with?" and "how long have you been doing this" are fine, but if they are already in love with their current broker, you're going to have a tough time pulling them away from that. Keep dialing and find someone that doesn't get that level of service.

You need to look for chemistry and timing.

Chemistry - do you like them and do they like you?

Timing - is there a perceived need right now?

If no, for either of those two things... Next!

----------

Oh, and if they're in good hands with a good agent... then tell them they have a good agent and bow out gracefully. There are plenty of other people you can help.

You are cold calling for individual health insurance and the person says something like "I have been dealing with _____ for x amount of years and he always calls to put me in a better plan yada, yada, yada"

What would you say?

If this is B2C, I would continue dialing the next number and not think another moment about it.

If this is B2B, I would put this guy on a regular call list.

My Dad, who made millions in B2B, always said half the battle is just getting the appointment, to just get in the door.

Eventually, things go wrong, corporate initiatives change, thus the buying cycle is reopened, especially when it is least expected.

What would you say?

You could go many directions with this. Something along the lines of finding out if there is any product they're looking for or thinking alot about. Obviously re word it. Ask if they have questions about anything they already have and you'd be happy to answer real quick just to save them time since they already have a licensed professional on the phone. Heck ask if they know anybody that may need someone like you and get a referral. If they're willing to spend 30 seconds on the phone they'll give you more time if you try, you don't have to be pushy but let them end the call.

Probably true. Ask him when his renewal date is and call him one a year ahead of that time. If they're happy they're happy and there isn't anything.

Unless there is a big change coming down the pike and you can ask if they're aware of it. But in the end very hard to beat good service. You're looking for people who are unhappy and open to change.

thanks you for all who commented. When I posted the question I was a little frustrated after getting several of those "I love my agent, etc" but most all went on to say "He/she calls me every year or so with a better plan, deductible, etc"

In the back of my mind I know why they are usually calling. So they can switch em to another plan/carrier so the agent can make another commission while at the same time looking like a HERO.

Regardless, like most of yall said....just keep looking for the ones that are not happy.

thanks you for all who commented. When I posted the question I was a little frustrated after getting several of those "I love my agent, etc" but most all went on to say "He/she calls me every year or so with a better plan, deductible, etc"

In the back of my mind I know why they are usually calling. So they can switch em to another plan/carrier so the agent can make another commission while at the same time looking like a HERO.

Regardless, like most of yall said....just keep looking for the ones that are not happy.

Keep calling -- there's a gal/guy out there with a problem that's waiting for your call.

Back