Humana DSNP client almost poached through his online account

I just wanted to share some info here I came across last night.

Client called me last night late bc he was worried about what he was just told.

He went into his online Humana account, saw a message to call this number, and he was almost poached --

That's right!?!?! Right in his humana account -- enticed to call in and switch. He called the number and told me he was kept on the phone for a half hour with someone trying to convince him to switch. Then he did the right thing and called me.

I've been trying to keep up with medicaid redeterminations and its hard in all states I hear. Here in MI we have those crazy spend down plans....seeing some with $2500 a month spend downs.... So the ones on DSNP with this happening need to be moved fast otherwise theyre on the hook for 20% of a lot, and that's hard to keep up with since you'd literally have to spend each morning doing just that...going through and reverifying eligibility. Changes daily.

Oh wait a minute. Most people don't really go into those accounts. LOL. Ok, maybe I'll just lose a few. So far it's only been one total.

And the rest who need to be off Humana DSNP will most likely be going on a less aggressive that way carrier.

I was under the impression we keep AOR if an internal Humana rep makes a switch?
Hmmmmmm

Idk maybe I only lost one so might be the case (this one I know who it was swiped by and didn't care to save it) I might need to go read or ask about that.

I've seen some a year ago or so that I didn't think that was the case. I thought then that it was an internal but was told otherwise.

I would hope this would be the case, but I've always thought if it's a different plan # you lose it.

was discussing a similar matter with Humana this morning. According to the member service person I spoke with, a member can request to have an AOR changed over the phone. Not sure how true this is.

was discussing a similar matter with Humana this morning. According to the member service person I spoke with, a member can request to have an AOR changed over the phone. Not sure how true this is.
Interesting, and I was told that in regard to the sibling of one of my clients who has no idea how he got enrolled in a Humana Honor plan, that happens to be a good one for him--all this happened before we had a chance to talk as a new prospect, but who is the agent....I am a bit leery of being that guy for someone local, but call centers, psh.

That’s really not true . Yes a member can ask for a AOR change ( 99% inititiated by another agent). BUT there has to be a solid reason like “the agent lied to me and I don’t want him as my agent” The agent must be thrown under the bus to get it changed . Not a good way of doing business . I’ve never complained on an agent in my life . Not the way I do business

Back