I’m sure this comes up a lot…

Some of this advice is good and some is bull shit. You didn't specify if you were interested in medicare, fe or both.

Talk to @Todd King and @Newby. Both good FMO's. And both are on here.

Stay away from Book Face and Boob Tube.

And stay off of I-75. You might run over @somarco
Yes, we probably need him around for the long term to offer more unsolicited advice regarding proper writing etiquette!
And you’re right, I’m sorry, I did not specify which road of insurance I wanted to drive down- Medicare is what I’m wanting to pursue.
I looked into Todd’s page and I really liked what I saw but then got to the part about needing to invest in the leads provided by him. I wasn’t flat out against it, it’s just that I’d like to get involved with an FMO that gives me the chance to generate my own leads- I’m pretty good with SEO and can wrap my head around FB leads and can send out my own direct mailers, plus I’ve got a few local connections to my area that will probably pay off in a referral aspect. Generating my own leads I can handle, I just want to get contracted and have some basic support when needed.
Also, I’m not familiar with @Newby ’s company, what is the name of that one?
Thank you!
SJ

You and I will just have to agree to disagree with this in regards to how I utilize MY time.
And I’m actually well aware on HOW to use paragraphs, silly degree and all. I just CHOOSE not use them because I structure my posts in public forums as thoughts and not in AP style format- creative license ;)
SJ
You are perfectly free to structure your posts in a public forum however you wish.

HOWEVER,

If your thought is actually a request for help from experienced and knowledgeable professionals about facets of the business, showing them the courtesy and respect to break your single, humongous, run-on thought into paragraphs to let them more easily see what you are asking, and the background to it, would be in order.

Yes, we probably need him around for the long term to offer more unsolicited advice regarding proper writing etiquette!
And you’re right, I’m sorry, I did not specify which road of insurance I wanted to drive down- Medicare is what I’m wanting to pursue.
I looked into Todd’s page and I really liked what I saw but then got to the part about needing to invest in the leads provided by him. I wasn’t flat out against it, it’s just that I’d like to get involved with an FMO that gives me the chance to generate my own leads- I’m pretty good with SEO and can wrap my head around FB leads and can send out my own direct mailers, plus I’ve got a few local connections to my area that will probably pay off in a referral aspect. Generating my own leads I can handle, I just want to get contracted and have some basic support when needed.
Also, I’m not familiar with @Newby ’s company, what is the name of that one?
Thank you!
SJ
Newby does fe. Fexcontracting.com

Todd does both and does not require you to buy his leads

And Somarco probably knows more about Medicare than anyone on the forum. I've learned a lot from him.

You are perfectly free to structure your posts in a public forum however you wish.

HOWEVER,

If your thought is actually a request for help from experienced and knowledgeable professionals about facets of the business, showing them the courtesy and respect to break your single, humongous, run-on thought into paragraphs to let them more easily see what you are asking, and the background to it, would be in order.
No disrespect intended, I’m just failing to see the point in how I choose to structure my posts and why there would be such a need. If I were presenting an article, an essay or even a blog post, I could see the need for grammatical correction. A question posted in a public forum does not warrant unsolicited advice regarding my writing style. I’m pretty sure my OP was clear enough to decipher, but thank you for the suggestion.
Respectfully,
SJ

Newby does fe. Fexcontracting.com

Todd does both and does not require you to buy his leads

And Somarco probably knows more about Medicare than anyone on the forum. I've learned a lot from him.
Thank you for clarifying- I must have misunderstood when looking at Todd King’s website.
I have no doubt that @somarco is probably the most knowledgeable about Medicare on this forum and I honestly meant what I said above about no disrespect intended- however I still fail to see the point on why my OP warranted a response regarding my writing style. In the grand scheme of things, it was an unnecessary response and unrelated to my question. Neither helpful nor solicited.

Thank you for clarifying- I must have misunderstood when looking at Todd King’s website.
I have no doubt that @somarco is probably the most knowledgeable about Medicare on this forum and I honestly meant what I said above about no disrespect intended- however I still fail to see the point on why my OP warranted a response regarding my writing style. In the grand scheme of things, it was an unnecessary response and unrelated to my question. Neither helpful nor solicited.
You know, all he wanted to do was make a helpful suggestion. Hey, I’m a pretty wordy guy myself! And I’ve been known to write some pretty lengthy stream of consciousness essays on these forums. But I’ve learned that if I want people to actually read my lengthier posts, it helps if I put spaces in between some of my sentences. But you do you.

And, BTW, Todd would be a good pick for you.

Excellent advice and very much appreciated- thank you. Especially because I was not aware about Medicare Monsters on FB- the ones I’ve joined are pretty much dominated by Ms. Medicare and Top Flight, both good organizations but may not be the direction I want to head in- thank you again for this suggestion.
And yes, I did hear wind of that which I think is why I’m trying to get established somewhere pretty quickly, but if that ends up taking effect what will become of independent agents? Directly appointing with carriers?

I know Wycoff .She’s not an fmo. Ehealth I’d stay a mile away from. They won’t release you . Brocks really big on technology . You can actually be a loa agent while you learn and then move to independent . I nor anyone knows what happens if the rules go in effect. Possibly the carriers pay fmo’s like W-2’s to handle much of this. I see no way carriers can handle contracting 1000’s of agents direct at this pt . As far as training carriers could double or triple there on the ground regionals to handle that

You know, all he wanted to do was make a helpful suggestion. Hey, I’m a pretty wordy guy myself! And I’ve been known to write some pretty lengthy stream of consciousness essays on these forums. But I’ve learned that if I want people to actually read my lengthier posts, it helps if I put spaces in between some of my sentences. But you do you.

And, BTW, Todd would be a good pick for you.
Thank you for the suggestion.
One thing I would just like to point out is that I didn’t write a lengthy post just for someone to read it. I wrote it in hope that someone would answer the question asked.
SJ

I know Wycoff .She’s not an fmo. Ehealth I’d stay a mile away from. They won’t release you . Brocks really big on technology . You can actually be a loa agent while you learn and then move to independent . I nor anyone knows what happens if the rules go in effect. Possibly the carriers pay fmo’s like W-2’s to handle much of this. I see no way carriers can handle contracting 1000’s of agents direct at this pt . As far as training carriers could double or triple there on the ground regionals to handle that
Yeah, that was one of my big concerns about eHealth- I know I ultimately want to go independent, and while the opportunity of base plus commission was tempting, I knew it wasn’t going to work for my goals, especially with the release- so my own issue with internet availability in my area ended up solving that problem anyway.

Back