I am in a bit of a pickle.....can anyone offer me some help/advice to get back on the horse?

SShockley21

TX
Hi everyone! I am a new agent as of March. There are some things that I have learned that I wish someone had told me before getting my license. For Instance, the high cost of leads. Secondly, the demands of uplines that expect you to be balls-to-the-wall booked appointments right out of training. I told my upline recently that I will have to start out part-time because I did not have the $ for the amount of leads they wanted me to purchase. I am already contracted with 4 carriers, licensed in Texas and nine other states. I have spent over 1400.00 between licenses(not including my training and TX license fees), leads, marketing etc. I came to a point where I was getting thin on $. The good news is I put my first app in last week and I am about to be paid on that by Forester's the bad news is my upline cut me loose because I am not as much of a go-getter as they expected. I was just trying to get my ducks-in-a-row and as of today I found a great lead source and then they dropped this ugly news on my head. The Corp big wig up there with this agency said that "they are not providing carrier releases at this time. You are free to work with marketers, but you will need to follow carrier guidelines for transfer without release." I do not know what he means exactly. I have my eye on a couple of IMOs I am interested in but does this mean that I have to re-contract with these carriers? Can anyone help? Signed, Frustrated in Texas

the bad news is my upline cut me loose

Could be the best thing that happened to you career wise. If you do not fit together better to learn that early.

The Corp big wig up there with this agency said that "they are not providing carrier releases at this time.

Fuok them! They don't want you but don't want anyone else to have you? Biatch move.

Get paid for the app you have in then cancel your contracts. Wait it out for the six months with those companies. Contract with some other companies. There are zero must have companies. Agents are making money with any company you can name.

Name the agency that thinks they own you.

Some of the FE guys here can advise you better.

Agents don’t realize that when they have very specific complaints like that but don’t name who it is they are enabling the abuse. They are helping the agency to do the same to many more people.
I suppose that’s true, but maybe they just don’t want to get themselves sued.

Back