I am so tired of dealing with rude people

Many times a company won't require a delivery receipt if they mail it straight to the client.

Not exactly...

They will handle it themselves. Some states require a delivery receipt, no exceptions. PA comes to mind. For those states where it isn't a requirement, carriers tend not to be as strict on getting it back if they are the one delivering the policy versus the agent.

Also, delivery receipts are your friend, not your enemy. Starts the free look clock and eliminates "I didn't get my policy" excuse. I love being told, "I never got my policy." call the company and they have a signed delivery receipt on file.

Not exactly...

They will handle it themselves. Some states require a delivery receipt, no exceptions. PA comes to mind. For those states where it isn't a requirement, carriers tend not to be as strict on getting it back if they are the one delivering the policy versus the agent.

Also, delivery receipts are your friend, not your enemy. Starts the free look clock and eliminates "I didn't get my policy" excuse. I love being told, "I never got my policy." call the company and they have a signed delivery receipt on file.

I agree that they are your friend. I always got them even if they weren't required. West Virginia is one of those states that requires a delivery certificate, but when a company sends the policy straight to the client, it's no longer required. Weird, but true!

I agree that they are your friend. I always got them even if they weren't required. West Virginia is one of those states that requires a delivery certificate, but when a company sends the policy straight to the client, it's no longer required. Weird, but true!

Quite right. Delivery requirements are stricter on agents. However, some states require it whether the company or the agent delivered.

West Virginia is one of those states that requires a delivery certificate, but when a company sends the policy straight to the client, it's no longer required. Weird, but true!

From my experience most West Virginians receive a reminder to sign the receipt. The reminder comes about a month from policy being mailed.

I had a lady that I had seen in April call me on Tuesday and wanted a policy on her husband so I drove 2 hours yesterday to write it. When I arrived he answered the door and was very rude. He didn't know his wife had called and was reluctant to let me in. After words back and forth she told him to shut up and complete the application. He did, but he was an not happy. Then late afternoon I dropped by to deliver a couple their policies and found another rude resident. I always tell people after I make a sale that I will drop by in 2 weeks to deliver the policy and they always say OK. This guy looked like steam was going to come out his ears. He said I should have called first. He snatched the polices out of my hand and slammed the door. I left thinking these contracts will probably lapse soon. I am so tired of these rude people. My appointment setter quit because she said it takes so long to even get the leads to answer and when they do most are very rude. Do any of you set an appointment to deliver a policy or should I just start mailing them to the client?

Mail them and dont waste your time. They are just mad cause they will be dead soon HA HA

Rude people will not buy anyways. Do not waste your time. I often just load on niceness and smile when they are rude. This sets them off even more. :)

a couple of things stand out to me from the original post.

1. I would rarely drive 2 hours to write one FE policy. FE buyers are some of the most unloyal and rude people I have ever dealt with.

2. Combined insurance teaches their agents to always walk away from a non buyer situation by saying "Thanks just the same" and quickly walk away. Then forget about it and just move on to the next one. Don't let it get into your head.

Back