I Do Not Have A Smart Phone

Robert Barney

Guru
1000 Post Club
But I do have one of these:

Samsung Rugby 4 256 MB Black AT&T Unlocked Rugged Cell Phone!!!! Lightly used! 887276028019 | eBay

It's got a SIM card I can change myself, and a removable battery I can change myself. The phone sounds great and easier to hold when I am talking on the phone.

As for emails and surfing the web, I spend most of my life in front of a computer, and I like a real monitor (actually I use 2), a full size keytronics keyboard, with the same layout I have had for 35 years, and a trusty laser mouse ($7 at Walmart). Yes, and no wireless stuff except for the kit I take on the road and only so I can use my Windows 10 tablet (8"; I paid $80 for it) with the HDMI TV at the resort. My tablet turns the TV into a usable Windows 10 computer, and great for amazon, netflix and youtube.

I am surrounded by people with smart phones and they always make me feel unimportant, apparently the smart phone is much more captivating than me.

Found this video and it made me smile:

Are there really people who pay that much money for a smart phone? That's what it cost to build my most recent (and very fast) desktop computer.

Anyway, if you are a person on the go, and most life insurance sales people are, I completely understand the need for a smart phone. But don't let it run your life.

I am surrounded by people with smart phones and they always make me feel unimportant, apparently the smart phone is much more captivating than me.

My dryer lint is probably more captivating than you. :D

I spend about $100 for my smart phones on ebay. I've used a PDA-type of device for many years now. Very handy and very helpful - especially for a guy like me who is not just on the go, but has ADD and needs a way to capture ideas, quick notes, check my calendar, alarms, etc.

My phone (Android - never an Apple) is about a year old now, and it was probably old when I bought it. Now there are some apps that won't install because they are not compatible with my device... and it's starting to be a problem. Wix.com, LinkedIn, and America's Got Talent voting app (obviously not important, but it's annoying), so I'll be getting a newer $100 phone soon. Or maybe I'll spend $200 this time.

But my laptop... is a Dell Latitude E6230 that I also bought used on ebay. 12.5", i5, 3.5 ghz, 8GB ram, 320GB HDD, backlit keyboard, 9 cell battery, docking station, and it's only about 3 lbs... and I got it for $150. It was made about 5 years ago, but I have absolutely no problems with it.

My dryer lint is probably more captivating than you. :D

I knew I could count on you.

I spend about $100 for my smart phones on ebay.

Ebay - they call me E-Bob. What a great way to buy stuff. Classified ads for the country.

I've used a PDA-type of device for many years now. Very handy and very helpful - especially for a guy like me who is not just on the go, but has ADD and needs a way to capture ideas, quick notes, check my calendar, alarms, etc.

Let me know how this works:

COMPULIFE Quoter (NOTE: Password is: CQSbasic)

We've added a nice new way to enter any face amount or enter ages instead of birthdays.

My phone (Android - never an Apple) is about a year old now, and it was probably old when I bought it. Now there are some apps that won't install because they are not compatible with my device... and it's starting to be a problem. Wix.com, LinkedIn, and America's Got Talent voting app (obviously not important, but it's annoying), so I'll be getting a newer $100 phone soon. Or maybe I'll spend $200 this time.

Don't go getting all crazy now.

But my laptop... is a Dell Latitude E6230 that I also bought used on ebay. 12.5", i5, 3.5 ghz, 8GB ram, 320GB HDD, backlit keyboard, 9 cell battery, docking station, and it's only about 3 lbs... and I got it for $150. It was made about 5 years ago, but I have absolutely no problems with it.

Good price. What version of Windows - 7?

I have run used Lenovo's for years. Last one was a big screen (touch screen) version that I bought off lease from newegg.com for $325. newegg gets some good off lease deals. I like Lenovo's because there are so many parts available. Nothing like having the keyboard go out on some exotic laptop and having to mortgage the house to get a new one.

Back