I Don't Have a Website..yet.

Broker22

Expert
Sounds hard to believe this day and age. 22 years in health and life with no website. I am thinking of getting one. But what is the sense of getting one ? Won' t I just be one of many thousands or millions of websites? How do I attract health insurance consumers to a website, I don't have the $ to compete with the large carriers and the einsurance's of the world. Do I really even need a site? Any thoughts or feedback appreciated.

Forgetting about SEO, a website is a place your potential clients need to go so you come across as credible and "real." The days of being able to run a business without a website are long over.

Even if you're not sure, you're talking about a 400 dollar investment to make your business look more legitimate even if you never use the website for anything other than to put it on a business card and next to your phone listing.

I agree 100% with John here. There's a load of websites out there and more every day, but that doesn't mean you don't want in on it. Building an online presence, even if it's not a huge lead generator for you, is something we recommend to all of our members (it's also something we're rolling out as a service to offer to our members, but that's for another post).

Not only that, but having a website means you have a domain, and that means you can be [email protected] when corresponding with your clients rather than [email protected] (or whatever; you may have this solved already, but it's something other agents considering a website should be aware of). It's worth taking the plunge and getting a web presence.

I don't get a lot of leads from my website, however I do have leads go to my website. It isn't the best site on the net and is a work in progress, but it is a place they can go to read about who I am and what I do. I also blog and use social media to drive traffic. I am in the process of adding my quote engine. These are all small investments that are easily paid for with just a handful of sales.

As an example of how important websites are in today's environment, when I am in a new city, I search Google maps for nearby restaurants. If the restaurant doesn't have a website, I pass over them automatically. They may be the best restaurant in the city, but unless I can read about them, see some pictures and hopefully see a menu, I typically will move on. That is just the way society is moving.

Thanks to each of you for feedback. Have any of you heard of Brightfire they offer custom website build and SEO for $500 plus 39.99 month. Sounds reasonable they specialize in Insurance websites. I saw an ad they have on this forum.

Thanks to each of you for feedback. Have any of you heard of Brightfire they offer custom website build and SEO for $500 plus 39.99 month. Sounds reasonable they specialize in Insurance websites. I saw an ad they have on this forum.

I'd be highly cautious about 39.99 dollar SEO. As someone who does link building and seo, 39.99 ain't going to go very far or get much result. That just sounds like a monthly fee to do nothing.

If you host your own site, it can range from $5 to $12 per month - for basic shared hosting with about $8 being the average. I'm unaware of what any other month fee above that amount would be for...especially if you have to go in and do your own updates.

I'd be highly cautious about 39.99 dollar SEO. As someone who does link building and seo, 39.99 ain't going to go very far or get much result. That just sounds like a monthly fee to do nothing.

That's what 1 Tier 2 Press Release (EmailWire/SBWire) which wont do much , or 5 -10 high pr blog posts lol.

Back