I Don't Have a Website..yet.

It isn't the best site on the net and is a work in progress...

I disagree with you. I think your site is one of the best sites I've seen for an insurance agent's site. I love the format. I really like the tabs above the slider (it's frustrating to use a theme that places the menu in tiny font at the top, or else in widgets below the fold line). If you don't mind sharing what theme you used, I would be grateful.

That's what 1 Tier 2 Press Release (EmailWire/SBWire) which wont do much , or 5 -10 high pr blog posts lol.

I mean, I could get pretty far for 40 dollars on fiverr. I doubt someone selling "SEO" for 39.99 is selling what you'd get for 10 bucks on fiverr.

I disagree with you. I think your site is one of the best sites I've seen for an insurance agent's site. I love the format. I really like the tabs above the slider (it's frustrating to use a theme that places the menu in tiny font at the top, or else in widgets below the fold line). If you don't mind sharing what theme you used, I would be grateful.

I agree. I think your website is clean and simple. I'm looking to get back into insurance again and creating a website, your's has inspired my future website (:

Could you resell those website for lets say $249?

Rick

I think I could, between fiverr gigs, put together most of a website and probably could sell it for that to someone. Since we're playing devils advocate and all.

Not exactly what I normally do, but here's how you'd do it.

Find a gig for someone doing keyword research, have them research your state or national focus market and find you a couple good keywords to target.

Buy a domain name based on the target keyword.

Find some decent shared hosting. I personally prefer inmotion hosting to most of the shared hosts.

Find a gig for installing wordpress on your server, buy that, let them do it.

Go to themeforest and find a theme you like, buy it for the 15 bucks or whatever it'll cost.

Find a gig for someone to install your wordpress theme. Send them the theme you just picked up.

Find a gig for someone doing at least 500 word LSI keyword targeted articles, and have them make you about 5 pages of content using the top 5 keywords from your keyword research you did earlier.

Make your pages using the articles you just bought, or find a gig for someone to do that for you. This is the hardest part, because getting the tags and headers and titles in the right place is a bit of a learning curve if you don't know what you're doing.

Total cost would be something under 100 bucks and a few hours of work, a couple days of waiting on gigs.

There are also tons of videos on youtube showing how to do most of these steps, or explaining them.

There are a lot of pitfalls in this, in particular around the installation of the theme and making sure the content works on the theme right, but you're up and running with something at this rate.

Next, go to fiverr and find a gig for "senuke" where the person says they'll run a full campaign, run 1 on each page of the website, and 2 on the homepage.

You have a chance to rank now, maybe, for about 30 bucks in trashy links. If you're never going to really commit to seo you might as well throw links at it and see if any stick to the wall so to speak.

You'd get a site and some result out of that, for around 150 bucks, might take 2 hours or 3 of work.

If you're going to purchase a theme at Themeforest, do your diligence first. There are some fantastic themes...and a few nightmares.

1) Avoid new themes - stick with ones that have a lot of downloads
2) Check out the buyer rating and stick with 5 stars
3) Make sure you're buying a theme and not a framework. No one on fiverr is going to design a site for $5.
4) Make sure it's compatible with the latest version of Wordpress
5) Click the "comments" tab and start reading. You're looking for issues and how quickly the author addresses them.

Personally, if you're a noobie to Wordpress, I'd run a theme from the Forest past one of the people here who know WP really well before you purchase.

Last edited:
Forget trying to rank nationally against the big dogs. Your best bet is to set up your site and rank it high locally to go sit down with the locals. You will have to have someone that knows how to SEO local. This will be your only way to actually get clients to call you. You will not be seen in cyber world on a national scale. I could tell you how to do it but its no use cause just telling you won't really help you much.

Back