I Need Help with an Auto Accident

None of the companies we work with in my state require a person with a 'learner's permit' to be listed on a policy. They aren't yet official drivers. Once they get the license then we need to add them, surprising that is different in other places. In fact we've went so far as to add a driver with learner's permit on a policy because the named insured said the kid had his license. When we discovered it was just a learner's permit the insurance company removed the kid back to the date he was added and refunded the premium.

Comp claims (deer run-ins) in my state can't be used to alter your policy at all. They can raise your comp deductible but they can't charge you higher rates nor can they alter or cancel coverage.

I think the big question here is why are you wasting your money on State Farm Insurance? You need to find a good Independent Agent that can find you great coverage (which State Farm does provide) at a great price.

Nothing quite like State Farm and Allstate loyalty though. We write with Allstate and I showed a guy a quote for his car insurance saving him about $600 on a $1500 policy with another company, he chose to stay with Allstate. :swoon:

Two years ago I did talk to an independent agent and regardless of what company she looked at she told me that she was unable to get me a better rate. Plus, I have been with them for a long time and they have taken excellent care of me.

I'm not looking for the cheapest rate. I want exemplary service and do not mind paying for it. The kind of service Paul has experienced even if I have to pay a few hundred dollars per year more.

Yep, Joe's Pizza and Insurance isn't exactly what people want for their carrier when they have a claim.

Of course, that 'Buy your auto insurance, receive 5 free pizzas' special is a great deal.

Dan

Hey it was just a little good natured ribbing at the expense of State Farm. No offense was meant.

Last edited:
Hey it was just a little good gantured ribbing at the expense of State Farm. No offense was meant.

Oh I see, now it's "State Farm Insurance and Ribs" to compete with "Joes Pizza and Insurance".

State Farm has a special to introduce this change. Buy a family pack of ribs and get your first month of auto insurance free! If you buy the grill from them they will remove the BBQ exclusion for fire damage from your homeowners policy.

Yes, this is all in good nature. After all, we all know Joe's Pizza is good, but his insurance is ran by Quido......

Dan

I want to thank everyone for their help. I contacted Allstate again this morning. They are going to take care of everything including providing me with a rental.

I love this forum. :)

I thought that driving without insurance has certainly put you in a disadvantageous position, but that certainly doesn't imply that you ought to be the party at-fault. To understand the situation better we need to know your state of residence, so that we can look into the state's insurance laws.

I thought that driving without insurance has certainly put you in a disadvantageous position, but that certainly doesn't imply that you ought to be the party at-fault. To understand the situation better we need to know your state of residence, so that we can look into the state's insurance laws.

I don't follow this post at all??? :err::1err::1frown:

Back