If You Like Your Commissions You Can't Get Your Commissions

BCBSTX hasn't paid yet. We normally get Medicare today, then ind/group health on the 20th. Oh boy! Can't wait to see how bad it is....

So, we r reliant and paid by the govt, with carrier just acting as pass through, wouldn't that mean it should not b part of MLR?

BCBSTX hasn't paid yet. We normally get Medicare today, then ind/group health on the 20th. Oh boy! Can't wait to see how bad it is....

Same for your sister colored company here in Illinois. No wonder doctors hate dealing with Medicare and Medicaid reimbursements. The money comes in uneven chunks. The days of smoothly reliable upward curving health commissions are over...if you write mostly Exchange business. Welcome to the government nipple.
ac

They were bad about paying way before anyone had ever heard of "Obamacare". Remember when they decided to combine individual and health? With no notice to the producers? That was lovely. My rep told me the small producer was critical to their success. I told her if that was true, why do you keep screwing around with our money. Every other carrier can pay us twice a month on a schedule. You pay "around the 20th of the month". Pathetic.

I didn't think about them paying this way either. However, I guess it does make sense since they are paying "as earned." Who knows when this will get sorted out. I'm still waiting on Medicare commission too. Prior to working with Anthem, I never imagined they would be this big of a PITA to work with.

HEY WAIT JUST A DAMN MINUTE

I thought the carriers were to estimate what they were due and the Gov would cut them a check and "true up" later? What happened to this? Did they get a check yet? If not why not? Who is telling the truth?

I thought the carriers were to estimate what they were due and the Gov would cut them a check and "true up" later? What happened to this? Did they get a check yet? If not why not? Who is telling the truth?

THAT'S HYSTERICAL!!!!:D

You really thought either one of them were going to tell the truth??? At this point, neither of them probably even know the answer.

You really thought either one of them were going to tell the truth??? At this point, neither of them probably even know the answer.

Well somebody better start telling the truth and fast or else we will have a disaster of epic proportions heading for us.

I just don't get how the gov can lose 1 mill in cash in a briefcase over seas but yet an insurance co can't get a check cut?:goofy:

As AllenChicago says - the system to pay the carriers hasn't been built. My understanding is that the government currently has told the carriers to "bill them" for the portion of premium that is due from subsidies until a system is built. Now, really? You think that is going to work well. Just imagine that lag time & the inept tracking involved. I can only imagine the amount of manual work involved on the part of the carrier to be sure that payment actually arrives & is applied properly. . . . . Glad I spent most of my time outside of the exchange. . . . .

Back