Ignoring the DNC List

I have personally have had a lady calling for with me with mojo years back. At the time, she was calling a small business owner list. Well, one lady had her cell on the list. My telemarketer said the lead went crazy when my telemarketer called. After several attempts to apologize, the telemarketer hung up. Angry caller phoned my state attorney general's office and complained. They called my company's home office at the time and I got a call from my director (nice to get singled out of 800+ agents)...

He asked me if I scrubbed the list, I told him I had not because it was a business list. He told me since I had not, I had no leg to stand on. He said he would see what he could do and get back to me. He was very polite about it and understood I was trying to get business, but said I might have to abandon that soon.

I am sure my director personally knew the attorney general, so sure that helped. In the end, I had to write a letter saying I would not call that particular person ever again.

I have personally have had a lady calling for with me with mojo years back. At the time, she was calling a small business owner list. Well, one lady had her cell on the list. My telemarketer said the lead went crazy when my telemarketer called. After several attempts to apologize, the telemarketer hung up. Angry caller phoned my state attorney general's office and complained. They called my company's home office at the time and I got a call from my director (nice to get singled out of 800+ agents)...

He asked me if I scrubbed the list, I told him I had not because it was a business list. He told me since I had not, I had no leg to stand on. He said he would see what he could do and get back to me. He was very polite about it and understood I was trying to get business, but said I might have to abandon that soon.

I am sure my director personally knew the attorney general, so sure that helped. In the end, I had to write a letter saying I would not call that particular person ever again.

If her number was registered as her business number nothing should have happened. DNC doesn't apply to businesses.

Correct, but our state's attorney general office did not think so. I didn't get a fine, but having not checked the DNC even though it was a business list was what had them in a uproar. That was my response that she had it on a business list. Their response was "but did you scrub against the DNC?"

Correct, but our state's attorney general office did not think so. I didn't get a fine, but having not checked the DNC even though it was a business list was what had them in a uproar. That was my response that she had it on a business list. Their response was "but did you scrub against the DNC?"

You still did nothing wrong.

It should be 605 million. 55 million phone calls with a fine of $11k each. I dunno it's dumb.

It kinda makes me wonder how much Rachael from cardholder services will have to pay..? She sure does work a lot, she calls me all the time, and my clients all say that she calls them too! Lol

It kinda makes me wonder how much Rachael from cardholder services will have to pay..? She sure does work a lot, she calls me all the time, and my clients all say that she calls them too! Lol

Robo calls are LEGAL for businesses who have existing relationships with their clients unless they opt out of receiving those calls.

.... I get this call as well!

Robo calls are LEGAL for businesses who have existing relationships with their clients unless they opt out of receiving those calls.

.... I get this call as well!

They're not. Even if you have an existing business relationship, the person receiving them has to explicitly agree to receive them. There are a few exceptions like getting a robo call to confirm a doctors appointment or to let you know that you prescription is ready.

For anyone interested, the text of the law is here:

http://www.tcpalaw.com/free/47usc.txt

I am sure if you did something wrong you would have been fined, He made you write a letter because it shut her up feeling like he did something and he was able to convince you he was doing you a favor.

Back