Illegal Solicitation

You've got to be kidding.

Not sure how I should take your comment... Have you ever taken an LUTC class? To earn the LUTCF designation, ethics is a required class. I enjoy teaching & learning from the folks I've taught & feel I've learned more from them than I taught.

Or, if you are casting dispersion at me or my company I have to state: If you know of anything I or my company have done that implies we don't do business ethically then please share with the folks here. My company also has an A+ rating with the BBB & have always put taking care of our clients needs first in any business decision we make.

So unless you are trying to make a joke, please explain yourself.

Thanks Jack.
Actually, I have a letter [packed away in my files still] from the TN Dept of Insurance saying that an unlicensed support staff may actually X-Date for leads. I actually sent a script into the state that I first used in CA and got a written response! I was pissed that Allstate was telling me it was against the law when my reading of the code said otherwise! I then presented it to Allstate [back in 2001] and they then shared with the other agents with my permission. So I would absolutely disagree with your interpretation.

Yes, I am very proud of earning my LUTCF & the fact I've taught classes & trained many agents with absolute integrity. I've even taught the LUTC ethics class.

Are there abuses in the "lead space" in general, not just in the insurance space? Absolutely, & I'm doing everything in my power to be an agent of change since I benefit from this industry. One abuse I don't like is aged lead brokers. The consumer never realized they signed up for the abuse when they originally gave someone their information online. I highly suspect that most terms on most websites don't allow this but until a consumer sues these folks, the practice will continue:( I flat guarantee you that any SEO/PPC leads that we generate do not get sold to these folks. But, I'm not saying agents should not use these sources. They are legal & evidently provide value to some agents that use them.

We live in a free country that allows us to disagree with respect and thus I respectively disagree with your opinion.

And yes, I love the story of Frank Abagnale Jr. I first listened to the man in a live broadcast with Dr. James Dobson on his radio show: Focus on the Family, before it ever became a book/movie! I guarantee you that my company has never conned a consumer or agent...Ever!

I still think you are tilting at windmills & you also must be a good guy. Would love to chat more if you'd like to call or email me. :idea:

Thank you for posting this Bob! It is the first logical response yet. Although I may not agree with some of your points I have more respect for you as a professional now.. The laws have changed since your experience in 2001 and the discoveries on this issue are growing at an alarming pace. However, for someone such as yourself it would be easy to remedy your marketing efforts. Make no mistake, the people that market financial products, such as insurance, without a license, will have to conform to regulation. Most states are broke and this is a simple revenue stream that has been untapped. Thanks again..!

Do you have any idea how much of a phenomenal jerk you're coming across as? Do you just not care?

Josh.. How dare you address him in that tone?.. Don't you know that you are talking to the only insurance agent that can interpret the law in all jurisdictions?. Even the attorneys that represent the large lead vendors do not possess his vast knowledge of the law. I think you owe the great one an apology.. and assume the proper position while making it. :noteworthy: :D

Josh.. How dare you address him in that tone?.. Don't you know that you are talking to the only insurance agent that can interpret the law in all jurisdictions?. Even the attorneys that represent the large lead vendors do not possess his vast knowledge of the law. I think you owe the great one an apology.. and assume the proper position while making it. :noteworthy: :D

Lexington, SC.

Stephen Manno / Easy-Term.com, is a licensed life insurance agent. The following agent license numbers are provided for Stephen Manno / Easy-Term.com as required by state law: CA agent #0H22861, FL agent #E044808. Commercial use by others is prohibited by law. This site provides life insurance quotes. Each rate shown is a quote based on information provided by the carrier. No portion of this website may be copied, published, faxed, mailed or distributed in any manner for any purpose without prior written authorization of the owner.

I'm not positive but I don't think it needs to be on every single page of my website.

Stephen Manno / Easy-Term.com, is a licensed life insurance agent. The following agent license numbers are provided for Stephen Manno / Easy-Term.com as required by state law: CA agent #0H22861, FL agent #E044808. Commercial use by others is prohibited by law. This site provides life insurance quotes. Each rate shown is a quote based on information provided by the carrier. No portion of this website may be copied, published, faxed, mailed or distributed in any manner for any purpose without prior written authorization of the owner.

I'm not positive but I don't think it needs to be on every single page of my website.

The page where you have it is the only page that makes a solicitation for insurance.

Back