Imo Trips

Seems like I read(might've been JD)on here, that because most agents spread their business around so it's harder to win trips...and most of the people on some of the trips were the FMO's.

I'm sure I did say that. The last KSKJ trip was mostly producers but there were IMO's there too that qualified off their downline.

At another company trip a few years ago there was 45 qualifiers. Out of 9000 contracted agents.

Of that 45 only 9 were there on personal production.

That was a company that didn't 1099. KSKJ doesn't 1099 either.

I would decline most trips today that are going to be 1099'ed.

Only reason I say "most" instead of all is because I might go on a 1099'ed trip if it was somewhere I really wanted to go.

An example I would turn down is the Trinity cruise coming up. I didn't make it anyway but if I had we would not go. They say they are going to 1099 this year at market value.

I, nor my wife, like to go on cruises. We would not take a trip that we don't want and then be 1099'ed on it to boot.

I learned about the 1099 trip thing the hard way. I knew nothing about that stuff. My first really trip I earned was in 2005. Next Feb I got a $10K 1099 for that trip.

Lesson learned.

I'm sure I did say that. The last KSKJ trip was mostly producers but there were IMO's there too that qualified off their downline.

At another company trip a few years ago there was 45 qualifiers. Out of 9000 contracted agents.

Only reason I say "most" instead of all is because I might go on a 1099'ed trip if it was somewhere I really wanted to go.

An example I would turn down is the Trinity cruise coming up. I didn't make it anyway but if I had we would not go. They say they are going to 1099 this year at market value.

I, nor my wife, like to go on cruises. We would not take a trip that we don't want and then be 1099'ed on it to boot.

I learned about the 1099 trip thing the hard way. I knew nothing about that stuff. My first really trip I earned was in 2005. Next Feb I got a $10K 1099 for that trip.

Lesson learned.

Being 1099'd for a trip that they're no doubt over pricing(the company's still probbly getting some type of write off on),doesn't have much appeal. :no:

You could probably take that same trip yourself for a lot less, and as Bevo mentioned...not have to be around people that you don't like.:laugh:

Lesson learned.

The 1099's are kind of a biotch haha. I learned about it the hardway as well. My first trip was with Foresters, and at the time I was an LOA agent at 65% contract. Paying taxes on a 10K trip sucked, especially when I knew my agency upline had such a big override :swoon:

What IMO offers the best trips for agents? Obviously like high commissions but the trip may be a goal to work towards. That being said, what IMO have an obtainable trip to good destination.

I have some of my contracts at Premier Senior Marketing and their trip is to Panama this April. It's a place I probably would have never gone to on my own, but am looking forward to it. They also answer the phone and call me back unlike some other FMOs that I have contacts with.

It's a point system to qualify which shakes out to about 150 med supps. Anybody else on here going? Or to Germany with Aetna for that matter?

Back