Incompetent or Crooks? I'm No Longer Sure It's the Former.

Full Throttle

Guru
1000 Post Club
Midwest
Is anyone else seeing more commission errors that are happening along with carrier staffing cuts? I've been shorted over $5,000 in 2010 from two different carriers. I usually don't do more than a glance at a commission statement, but this is getting ridiculous.

One carrier has removed me as agent of record on over ten different policies for the entire last year, many beyond that. They say there is no record of me ever being the AOR, it's a house account (even though I've been paid commissions on the business in the past). I told them I have copies of all five applications I submitted with my name on them.

"Sir, we'll research it, but I hope you understand we can only go back so far to correct the mistake." - Commissions Accounting

At that point, I basically had enough.

(raising my voice) "I will be paid for the work I did. This type of mistake has happened before and I have always been made whole. This is your company's mistake, not mine. I want it to be made right." - Me

"We'll do some more research and get back to you. We're backed up right now, so it may be a week or two, but you will get a phone call." -Commissions Accounting

They get the billing right for my clients and never have missed sending them an invoice, why do this miss paying me?

I'm sick of this BS and expect it to get worse as staff is slashed further. I only hope it's a mistake, not being done on purpose. Make sure you're checking your commission statements.

Don't tell me - Aetna? Or in Alabama I bet it is BS? With Aetna if you don't put your tax id on the app for all the world to see, and it goes into the company directly, they won't pay the agent (who's name is on the app) without a written request from the client. You have to check every single client every single time. Don't forget now they have the MLR excuse to say they had to cut their staff who is in charge of the commission statements.

I have had more than one battle with Aetna over commissions. They are the worst at snaking business.

I have to say I don't think they care...They have never made an error in my favor so when they screw me they are helping the companies bottom line...This crap about only being to go back so far to fix an error thats plain BS you can't tell me they would stop at some arbitrary date if their error gave me too much money...And what can we do if you fight hard enough they can just cancel your contract...Its total B.S......and whats crazy is I know I'm only noticing the large stuff....This isn't a commission issue but I set up a flex premium annuity to do two things one take an autodraft from my clients bank account monthly and to accept a monthly rollover from his old 403(b) into the same account (Yeah yeah lets not discuss rollover accounts..) So I see the autodrafting and then I see the first months rollover and I no longer look at the account until I'm getting ready to do a review the next year and the numbers don't look nearly enough so I call the company and to find out whenever money comes in they push back the autodraft 30 days so the rollover has essentially cancelled the bankdraft...The client didn't realize because we got fancy and I setup a payroll deduct for this into a seperate savings account to be autodrafted so his savings account was holding 3k+ and of course once I bring this up to his attention he needed the money...Homeoffices you can ask all the questions in the world of them before you do something but if it doesn't work out even when they say it will its still your problem.

They once paid my entire monthly commission to the wrong broker and told me they'd only correct it once they got the money back from said broker. Classy.

They once paid my entire monthly commission to the wrong broker and told me they'd only correct it once they got the money back from said broker. Classy.

I wish I was able to hear your response...I bet it went something like "Hell no, thats my commission and your error fix it now!" I'm not sure I would be able to be civil if they felt that way.

Back