Incompetent or Crooks? I'm No Longer Sure It's the Former.

The carriers especially have us over a barrel if we have a large book. All they have to due is terminate for cause then bam, we could be out 50%+ of our income.

That said, if I don't have a large book with a carrier and they start playing commission games, they're out. There's a particular carrier in MD that has not and will not see another piece of business from me over constant comp screw ups. Do they care? Certainly not. Do I care? Absolutely.

There also comes a time when you have to stop wining like a baby and make it legal. I only got a few grand owed to be through a particular agency when they got my certified mail.

Doesn't matter. I no longer recommend them. They are still on my site (for traffic purposes) but they are not prominent. If someone finds them on my site and applies direct, great. What is Aetna going to do to me for not telling someone I make $3 off that sale?

**** Aetna!

They're gonna yank your $3/mo check so that they can hire another oversees Customer Service Rep!

I was TRYING to figure out WHICH company was the "Incompetent or Crook" (re: original post in this thread)

I don't know of any other contract that requires compensation disclosure (for Indiv sales). Maybe someone else will give us a clue.

Reviewing our comm cks each month (for errors) would be "above our pay grade" these days.

Reviewing our comm cks each month (for errors) would be "above our pay grade" these days.

Its one thing if its an annuity commission statement that I only do single premium annuities with ie submit app and check for commission....But I do a lot of flexible premium annuities and other stuff and the statements are many pages its one thing to see a line item on the statement and say hey this commission percentage seems wrong its another thing to look through 30 pages and not notice a missing client it could be that the premium arrived after the cut off date (Frequent occurence) the client stopped putting money into the product or they screwed up...You notice there is no time limit for them to reach back and correct a mistake in their favor.

Peter, when companies owe you money, look at it as a blessing in disguise. You have a good heart that $5,000 will turn into $50,000.:idea:

I'm sorry I can't consider it a blessing that a carrier is more than willing to cheat me out of my commissions, I would never do that to a client....Whats funny is they think they will continue to receive business from me after cheating me.

Back