Independent Agent Business Card

DBA = Doing Business As

Larry, we have seen your picture......Commissions......:nah:

Here is my take on using your own name. I believe in the long run it is a positive if you build a strong reputation.

In the beginning it could hold you back some due to issues out of your control. Bubba Jackson, Mohamed Hussein, Ching Wa, Twuana Braley, Pedro Jose Gonzalez, Rick Bronstein are all fine names but may be pasted over by some just on perception or prejudice alone. Main Street Insurance may be best in those situations.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Well you might change the design later..just get one done.
Name, P o Box address, phone and your email and web site.

Second, Just not that important. There are agents on this forum that do not go through 100 cards a year.

Last edited:
If you are worried about unexpected visitors after hours, try running a youth soccer program with 2,000 players and 150 teams....

People upset about insurance is EASY.

Besides if people really want to find you, they can without a lot of fuss.

DaveTheInsGuy

I saw your concern about business cards and have some suggestions. I have had a DBA for a few decades, and would recommend getting one. At the same time, I never use it in correspondence or on my business cards. Sometimes, when I fill out a form, such as income taxes, I use the name, but mostly, there are stores which only deal with business owners, and also having a DBA adds to your credibility.

I have a P/O box at Eagle Postal and have used it for decades. They have lots of uses. They are cheap, and I put “Suite XXX” on all my business cards. I got this box long ago so that I could maintain a continuous residency because I moved quite a bit, and credit card companies don’t like it when you change addresses. It is on my DBA and also on my driver’s license, which is probably illegal or something, but the police only ask if the address is current and I say yes, it is my business address. Sometimes I use it as a throw-away address too.

My business card has a glamor photo of me, my name, the words “Wealth Strategies” and two phone numbers in LARGE TYPE. One of the phone numbers is my Magic Jack phone number. In smaller type, in a different color and different font, there is my business address, email and Texas license number. Below my photo are some smaller mentions of the things I do such as annuities, Med Sups, Life, Final Expenses etc.

The card is hard card stock, glossy coated on both sides, seems to be made of plastic, and looks great! Now for the good part.

On the back is a prescription discount card with codes and phone numbers. Anyone who uses the card in any pharmacy will get a discount on their drugs if there is one. There are discounts for eyeglasses, diabetic supplies, and pet medicines too. People have told me they have saved 40%, and the program advertises 85% sometimes. (wink, wink). It’s great for passing out cards. You are giving the people you meet incidentally in supermarkets an Rx card with your contact info on the back, so you tell them about the card, and only parenthetically talk about yourself and ask about potential business.

The cards are cheap. I think they cost about $30/1000 because they have the discount program on the back, but the cards are beautiful, the thing works, so what’s to lose?

www.scrips4less.com/fdpe2401/

There are more features than the ones I’ve mentioned, but you can find out from the website.

I am a newly independent agent, and am currently working on making my business card.
You've got the cart in front of the horse.

Until you've figured out a way to find a regular stream of potential clients, spending time on your "business card" is POINTLESS! Spend 100% of your time on it...cuz if you don't...your "business cards" are academic.

You've got the cart in front of the horse.

Until you've figured out a way to find a regular stream of potential clients, spending time on your "business card" is POINTLESS! Spend 100% of your time on it...cuz if you don't...your "business cards" are academic.
He didn't ask about prospecting. But if he does, I'm sure he will remember your post.

Back