Independent Agent Business Card

I wouldn't waste too much time or money on a business card. Most business cards don't get hung on to for very long. My name with be the largest type and my title would be Your Insurance Agent (courtesy of Frank Stantsy). It would have my phone numbers and email address and maybe a website.

I think it's a best practice to have both a office of some type, a dba, and and LLC. Just from your first response you really need to consider reading up on business basics 101. Selling can be a very big challenge in its self, and it least to me selling insurance has to be treated with the respect of a regular brick and mortar biz. Customers needs that professional image that having a real company / corporation located in an office with a name brings.
Many thrive without an office, but for me it can't work.
Try getting a DBA or LLC that includes your name " The Joe Salesman Group" or something like that. Get an office even if it's month to month. Your customers will feel better coming in your office and doing transactions.

I think it's a best practice to have both a office of some type, a dba, and and LLC. Just from your first response you really need to consider reading up on business basics 101. Selling can be a very big challenge in its self, and it least to me selling insurance has to be treated with the respect of a regular brick and mortar biz. Customers needs that professional image that having a real company / corporation located in an office with a name brings.
Try getting a DBA or LLC that includes your name " The Joe Salesman Group" or something like that. Get an office even if it's month to month. Your customers will feel better coming in your office and doing transactions.

Then does he get business cards?

Canureallysale said:

Customers will feel better coming in to his office? 13 going on 14 years selling mainly annuities and have never had a client come to me....I have been asked a couple of times about my "office" and I laugh and say my car then explain I have a home office as most of my time is spent working with clients in their homes and offices just like I am with you.

Why in the everlovin' hell can't posters just read the effin' questions and either answer it or move on to the next thread?

Half the answers are like a guy asking about changing a light bulb only to have somebody tell them that the real answer is to pay their electric bill, because without electricty, light bulbs are academic.

Why in the everlovin' hell can't posters just read the effin' questions and either answer it or move on to the next thread? Half the answers are like a guy asking about changing a light bulb only to have somebody tell them that the real answer is to pay their electric bill, because without electricty, light bulbs are academic.

The main reason is they are spambots or idiots except for Chumps. :yes:

I've always used my name for the business, products I offer, NO companies I represent b/c they can change, PO Box, phone, email. I agree with thoughts on home address.

Maybe he didn't, but he should have.
Maybe he already did somewhere else, or maybe he's going to later. But right now he wants to know about business cards.

Reminds me of the time I went to a tire store for new tires and the tire guy told me that unless I kept oil in the engine, tires are academic.

If your soapbox these days is prospecting (we all have our soapboxes) it doesn't mean that we have to jump up on them and preach an unsolicited sermon in an unrelated thread. You're a forum veteran... you already know this.

Back