index change vs index including dividend

If I were in your shoes, I would just dump your agent. No agent worth their salt would just randomly email an illustration to their client without explaining a lot of the questions that you're asking.

By the way, the several posts that you've made are great questions and ones that you should ask...

Your agent...

Who explains all of this to you upfront without a lot of hopes, dreams, and promises.

IUL is just a midpoint in life insurance cash value accumulation strategies that typically lands somewhere between whole life and variable universal. It's just another dot on the risk/return spectrum.

What's most important is that the person presenting it to you understands your goals and needs and also the product(s) itself above all else.

I would write all of these questions down and ask them to whoever is doing this presentation/financial plan/pitch/whatever to you. They may not know a lot of minutiae off the top of their head ("what are the expenses in year 11?) of a particular product but they should know a lot of the basic functions of how the engine works.

Just my two cents but I see that you're really working to understand this concept (as you should) and in reality, let him/her present everything fully to you, make notes, and then come here for the unanswered questions.

We love to help but a lot of these questions should be answered during the initial product conversation.

By the way, I'm not chastising or hating on you at all. You should be doing all of what you're doing. As an industry, I just wish we better addressed these questions upfront.

So the Dividend (the video is talking about) is not part of the 9.54% in the link right?

I didnt watch the video. I doubt the other agents did either.

The return you see for the "S&P 500 Index" does not include dividends.

You must look at the "S&P 500 Total Return Index" to see performance that includes dividends.

Back