Info Free?

That's what "confuses" me too. Some people call a list a lead.

A lead is not a list........or is it? If it is, a phone book is a lead source.

I've always believed a lead is someone that has actually expressed some level of interest in the product you're selling, but folks like SalesGenie.com and many others use the term lead very loosely. I use the language they do on some of my marketing because I want to be comparing apples to apples, i.e., I don't want to hear people say "I'm not going to buy a list from you, I'm going to go with SalesGenie.com because they sell leads". I'm trying to get the term "cold lead" more popular because I think that's more appropriate. For example, someone between the ages of 67 and 78 is a good prospect for Medicare supplements, but lead seems to generous. So cold lead?

What do you guys think? Even prospects seems less misleading, but that's more or less why I use the term lead, even though I think of them more as a prospect list.

here is the link to get the unlimited info for $24.95 per month.

offers.infofree.com

I agree a list is nothing more than a name. A lead (to me) is someone who has requested information or at least a strong referral...
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I've always believed a lead is someone that has actually expressed some level of interest in the product you're selling, but folks like SalesGenie.com and many others use the term lead very loosely. I use the language they do on some of my marketing because I want to be comparing apples to apples, i.e., I don't want to hear people say "I'm not going to buy a list from you, I'm going to go with SalesGenie.com because they sell leads". I'm trying to get the term "cold lead" more popular because I think that's more appropriate. For example, someone between the ages of 67 and 78 is a good prospect for Medicare supplements, but lead seems to generous. So cold lead?

What do you guys think? Even prospects seems less misleading, but that's more or less why I use the term lead, even though I think of them more as a prospect list.

I like prospect list..or "suspect" list :).. However, if everybody else calls the "cold" lists "leads", you have no choice but to do the same if you want to compete.

Last edited:
Didn't you say that a third of the millionaires listed in your area with infofree were in government subsidized housing?

Didn't you say that a third of the millionaires listed in your area with infofree were in government subsidized housing?

Now that you mention it, I do think that was the website where I ran into that situation.. had forgotten that.. I did run turning 50 list that seemed to be fairly accurate. I haven't actually run any of the lists yet because I haven't worked in the field since signing up.. Probably will next week. Will let you know the results.

Now that you mention it, I do think that was the website where I ran into that situation.. had forgotten that.. I did run turning 50 list that seemed to be fairly accurate. I haven't actually run any of the lists yet because I haven't worked in the field since signing up.. Probably will next week. Will let you know the results.

I'll look forward to hearing about it. There are a lot of different companies offering lists, but it usually comes down to being one of two situations:

1. It's bulk low-quality data like datadepot.biz where you can buy every record int he country for less than the price of a used Honda.
2. It's more accurate pulled-to-order data from a database that is updated frequently.

I talked to the folks over at InfoFree.com and it seems like they have a neat little system together, but I'm curious to see how sustainable it is. The price is certainly right, but they are *very* new. I think they're going to run into a few problems:

-If it's good data, there is a hefty cost associated with it that you can't sell for $25/month. Without the RFS discount they've actually raised the price twice in the less than a year they've been out (maybe three times).
-Their logic (at least what they told me) was that if they could get a huge volume of subscribers then they'd be able to overcome their cost that way, but in application, I don't see that happening.
-Their "unlimited" plan has gone from being what appeared to be unlimited, to actually being limited. Admittedly it's a high cap (last time I checked I think it was around 25k), but it's not a good sign when that's combined with them raising their prices.

I think the root problem they're going to have is that they need to sell a certain volume to cover their overhead and I don't think their customer base is every going to stick like that. I would guess most of their clients are going to sign up, download everything they want, maybe forget about it and pay for two months, then cancel. They've potentially then sold 50k records for $120 tops, maybe as low as $40. Only way that works is if it's garbage data.

These are all just one little guys opinion. In the list broker world I am a plankton in an ocean. My list business is growing quite steadily and there is plenty of business for everyone. If it gets bad I'll just focus more on life insurance ;)

Last edited:
Back