Insurance Agency Cluster, Alliance, and Network Groups

I agree no information is bad information in my opinion. I would like to hear from AE or anyone else on the same topic of what their approach would be in using an Agency or Cluster etc..
For example if AE was going to add P&C to his life and health insurance company who of course independent and wanted to stay that way how would he go about it. What types of commission levels would he expect if he was to use an Agency, and which Agency would he use or not use one and why?
If he handed the work load off to a licensed P&C agent rather then write/sell the business himself how we he set it up as far as commission % to him and to the one doing the work.

but the information that their submitting is true or not?

My information is well over 99% acurate. Nevertheless, if you feel anything is incorrect, address it right here in the forum and I will respond. Having well over 20 years experience in this industry, I don't provide information because I invented it upstairs and want to make myself look good, I provide information based upon my experiences. Nevertheless if there is anything I have written that you are not comfortable with, let's talk about it!

"A cluster is a very good idea, if not essential for the small to mid-size agency in the current marketplace."

Missing the point of the Agent-Client relationship. I have a lot of good friends that sell for captive carriers that have great products but are not cheap. In my opinion Independents rely to much on there raters and not enough of gaining the trust of the client. May be good for a new startup but that is about it!

"A cluster is a very good idea, if not essential for the small to mid-size agency in the current marketplace."

Missing the point of the Agent-Client relationship. I have a lot of good friends that sell for captive carriers that have great products but are not cheap. In my opinion Independents rely to much on there raters and not enough of gaining the trust of the client. May be good for a new startup but that is about it!

While I agree that if you live by price, you will die by price, that initial perception is a good way to get in the door.

If all else were equal, would you shop at Target or Wal-mart? Most people would say Target because the initial impression is that the store is cleaner and has a good first impression. You have to do the same. Target might be a little more expensive for some things than Wal-Mart but they are still in the ballpark. You have to do the same. Show a good first impression, get the rates in the right area, and you are good.

Most people are price-driven for insurance because they primarily see it as a chore, like paying taxes. As a result, you need to be competitive because people will cut costs where they can and assume they know enough to handle it themselves. You will find that this mindset is different for life insurance because you aren't getting a gun stuck to your head to buy it.

And for nothing else, if you don't like the information that AE provides on the clusters, the website still gives a nice list of the places you can call and get more information. While there are a few not on there in the NC area, I found a lot more than I did on my own research. So there is always that feature...

And for nothing else, if you don't like the information that AE provides on the clusters, the website still gives a nice list of the places you can call and get more information. While there are a few not on there in the NC area, I found a lot more than I did on my own research. So there is always that feature...

Kindly send me any group that is not included on the list, you can do this by going to contact us on the site or you can send it via the internal email on this system. I greatly appreciate you doing this as well as the postive comments.

As for the individual from Arizona, I don't know how his pricing scenerio related to the benefits of being a member of a cluster group. There is no correlation there at all.

AE isnt even an agent anymore, take whatever he says with a grain of salt....

I find his website, informative. It is a subject matter,that many agents, asking about. He has done a good job, putting it together. I welcome his input.

I find his website, informative. It is a subject matter,that many agents, asking about. He has done a good job, putting it together. I welcome his input.

I actually want to personally thank you because it's the visitors like yourself that has helped make the site successful. I also appreciate any input and feedback you may have.

Last edited:
good information for newbies I guess but I will keep my agency just the way it is. Never have nor ever will join a cluster or even a PIA type situation, I tried that one time paid through the nose and had more issues with underwriting and took forever to get a quote even. Ended up getting direct appointments and never looked back. The carriers that didn't want to give me an appointment at 1st now are beating down my door asking if I want an appointment because of my rapid growth with the current carriers. My reply to them was you didn't want me when I opened my new office know what I can and will write after using your for 12 years at another office and now that I have my own office your afraid to give me an appointment think I wont write enough. Well now that you see that you missed the boat Good luck I choose not to have you as a carrier in my office. I will call you IF I am interested. Boy the market reps sure didn't like that .

Back