Insurance Companies Are Sending Out 2013 Info to Clients Now

It does suck that I have to get all my information about PDP's and MA's from my current clients who received the information. It's almost embarrassing asking them to read what the premium is going to be and if the deductible has changed. Why can't we get this information if it's already sent out to the client.

ask the carriers for it.. they like delaying things so the competition doesnt see the changes.. thats what happens in my neck of the woods anyway (silly games). I've had the 2013 benefit/rate grids for almost two weeks now but cant send anything out until 10/1/2012

It does suck that I have to get all my information about PDP's and MA's from my current clients who received the information. It's almost embarrassing asking them to read what the premium is going to be and if the deductible has changed. Why can't we get this information if it's already sent out to the client.

OK this is where Medicare CMS needs to get a backbone and require the carriers to release AEP plan information to their certified agents either on the same date of the carrier’s ANOC mailing or no later than September 15th.

Seriously, this is a responsibility of the regulator CMS to represent the consumer’s needs and they are dropping the ball on this one! Many of us re-certify learning last year's numbers or no AEP plan numbers -- what a waiste of time and a joke. Doesn't CMS look at the re-certification crap? They should!

And why can't we do Ethics training once on AHIP? This stuff needs to be fixed! :goofy:

require the carriers to release AEP plan information to their certified agents either on the same date of the carrier’s ANOC mailing or no later than September 15th.

Plain and simple, the carriers do not trust Agents not to be discussing plan specifics with clients prior to Oct 1st. So the best way to eliminate this risk... keep the agents in the dark.

Like I said, Oct 1 is early enough. Take control, when your clients call and inform them that you will be discussing this with them ofter October 1st and take the opportunity to set the appointment. Not a biggie.

I guess I like to know what I'm talking about when discussing the plans with clients. I could be studying each plan for my area and learning it like the back of my hand during this couple weeks lull before AEP starts. I don't care to do that come October 1st when the phone is ringing nonstop.

I agree, they give us such a short time period to help our clients and then don't even give us the info tell the last minute. Not to mention gettig the actual supplies from them.

I had another call this morning. I told her to send me a list of her meds and next week I'd run them for her. She wanted to go over the plan info she had in front of her, of course, I don't have that info

Because we don’t receive the ANOC we can’t answer their questions today. Who loses on that deal?

If in order for us to be paid renewal commission we have to re-certify. Remember, no re-certify -- no pay you. The real reason behind this rip-off is to keep the carrier’s bottomline healthy by keeping the client’s in the dark.

Most of us recertify so that we can service our client’s with the new 2013 benefits. If your client receives their ANOC before you do, then your client losses one of their most important value added services of their professional agent -- FREE ADVICE. :GEEK:

Why shouldn’t the carriers be required to send a copy of the ANOC to the agent of record on the same date the client's ANOC is mailed? We can’t sell an ANOC without an app. Yes, a few agents will step over the line. Get rid of the violators. Enforce the rules that’s already on the books. So, who really gets hurt with this non-consumer-friendly restriction?

Does that include agents that do not write MA/MAPD, only Medigap?

You wouldn't have any clients receiving anoc's if you only had medigap clients. But if you have a prospect that has an anoc from a company and is considering going with you, to my knowledge you cannot discuss the other company's anoc unless you are certified.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I take it from this thread that when you guys took the product certification with your prospective companies they did not supply you on their website with plan specifics?

Last edited:
But if you have a prospect that has an anoc from a company and is considering going with you, to my knowledge you cannot discuss the other company's anoc unless you are certified.

Got a citation on that?

Back