Insurance for dog care and training business

Spin

Expert
Phoenix
Hey all a friend of a friend is starting up a business and needs insurance.

They're looking for a minimum of a million in liability. Coverage will be for a dog training, walking, sitting and boarding business. With the possibility of having one occasional team member to help a few hours a week.

This is not a brick and mortar business-- it's an in-home, at a park, around town, and at my home kind of business.

Please let me know the rates and any information that will help me break it down and understand it better.

Thanks!

There needs to be more information than what is provided. There is a set number of questions that an gent/broker will have to ask in order to provide the best insurance for their needs and wants. Also, what state is your friend in?

Send your friend to a commercial lines independent insurance agent.

Otherwise you and he will just be spinning your wheels with no results.

Your friend will need Workers Comp insurance for the "occasional" team member.

$1,000,000 liability is not nearly enough coverage and they will need to check locality codes for proper licenses since it is using their home as a base of operations. Someone will write it but I'd probably walk away.

Coverage will be for a dog training, walking, sitting and boarding business.
OK

it's an in-home, at a park, around town, and at my home kind of business.
Wow

starting up a business and needs insurance.
Yep

Unfortunatly a lot of businesses quickly learn that one of the biggest costs of doing business, when you work from home, is the insurance. For some risks insurers prefer a commercial location.

need to check locality codes for proper licenses since it is using their home as a base of operations.
Exactly

Send your friend to a commercial lines independent insurance agent.
Good advice, although you may struggle getting a broker involved with this one.

Hey all a friend of a friend is starting up a business and needs insurance.

They're looking for a minimum of a million in liability. Coverage will be for a dog training, walking, sitting and boarding business. With the possibility of having one occasional team member to help a few hours a week.

This is not a brick and mortar business-- it's an in-home, at a park, around town, and at my home kind of business.

Please let me know the rates and any information that will help me break it down and understand it better.

Thanks!

Why doesn't your friend of a friend shop for insurance themselves?

Back