Is 2.1%- 2.8% a Good Response for Direct Mail in Life Insurance?

Re: Is 2.1%- 2.8% a Good Response for Direct Mail in Life Insuran

I only do P&C, but sometimes with a marketing item, my goal is to break even, I will make my money on the renewals....

Just my thought.......which means **** around here! LOL

If you're closing 6 per 1000 mailed the roi is much better than average.

I usually figure if I put a policy on the books at a profit the advertising is viable. You're making a 500% profit on dollars invested which is unbelievable.

Ive got some methods that produce that kind of return but direct mail has never been that effective for me.

I have done my own mailing, burning the mid-nite oil to get them out, I have licked hundreds of envelopes, a response of 2-3 or so per hundred is good, I am planning on mailings with several senior products about 3 different companies. That might increase sales.

man that is insane... there is no way in hell I'd lick envelopes. hell all that time you wasted you could have been on a dialer setting appointments... :twitchy:

I have done my own mailing, burning the mid-nite oil to get them out, I have licked hundreds of envelopes, a response of 2-3 or so per hundred is good, I am planning on mailings with several senior products about 3 different companies. That might increase sales.

do yourself a favor and get a folder/inserter on ebay... i got one for $1000 that will fold, insert, and seal 3000 envelopes an hour... no papercuts and you won't waste 8 hours doing all that work

I you look at all the posts the original poster has started or commented on, it is blatantly obvious her is a recruiter. I would pay $1000 per mail drop in my area to get over 2%. I don't think those numbers would be real if you were paying the premiums for folks.

I you look at all the posts the original poster has started or commented on, it is blatantly obvious her is a recruiter. I would pay $1000 per mail drop in my area to get over 2%. I don't think those numbers would be real if you were paying the premiums for folks.

you hit the nail on the head! how did i not see it coming

I spoke on the phone with this guy (CMcgee) yesterday. He said he's not interested in recruiting any more agents. He also said that he has his contracts through some outfit in CT that does their own tri-fold mailers. He never would say who though.

He also stated that he had some down-time and was really the only reason he was active on the forum as of late. He stated that we probably wouldn't see much from him for a while. We'll see.

the mailer is that old social secruity one. hard to believe the numbers

"Not sure about that..."

Clarence Mcghee
Career Agent Recruiter
203-540-5400
[email protected]

What do you mean?:nah:

Back