Is a physical office helpful?

I had one dude show up on my porch one day at like 8 a.m. from about 30 minutes away. That was a bit awkward, but I took him at face value when he said he was in town for another reason.

That is one reason I use a Post Office Box other than it is more secure. In fact, I live between two towns and the PO Box is not in the same town as my physical address.

Do not agree. The days of having to have an office in P&C are ending or have ended depending on your situation. Yes there are still a few insurers that require it, but that is becoming obsolete.

Well, you're in that biz, and if you can do it from home, that's great. I was really referring to the staffed P&C office with multiple computers, assistants, clothes, credit cards, cash, road trips, scholarships, Sales Goals, safety training, employee handbooks, birthday parties, casual Fridays, occasional employee tantrums, etc.

Last edited:
Do not agree. The days of having to have an office in P&C are ending or have ended depending on your situation. Yes there are still a few insurers that require it, but that is becoming obsolete.
Way back in the 70s I had a fried that was running a fairly successful State Farm Agency out of his home. He also worked a full time job in a paper mill so State Farm bought him out because they wanted a fulltime agent in that town.

That is one reason I use a Post Office Box other than it is more secure. In fact, I live between two towns and the PO Box is not in the same town as my physical address.

I used it for Google Local. For some reason I don't trust they post my business if I don't have an address on there.

Back