Is anyone going to the Convention (National Agents Alliance) (NAA

dvd493 said:
Sti,

I wouldn't have to repost if we could have stayed on topic. After a page or so of junk and attacks we needed to refocus on the original topic again. Thats why I reposted.

I did just let it go a couple of days ago and it was fading way but, you jumped in the fray again with another negative thing to say about NAA.

I'll make you a deal. You stop talking negative about NAA and I'll not repost again on this topic. We can all just drop the topic if nobody is going to give the answers.

If we don't drop it, some on this board may need to take anger management classes. :)

When are you going to get it through your thick head that NO ONE WENT AND NO ONE WILL BE POSTING THIS INFORMATION? I don't think anyone really cares other than you. I hope you stick to your word and don't ask again. I personally hope that if and when you do get the answers, you don't come back and post them here.

reply to Sunchine Sti

Sti, again, you are wrong. Boulderchris is still in NAA and doing very well. I choose not to reply because you are either a very negative person in life and/or you are very jealous of the success NAA and its agents have. Just because people do not reply to your messages doesn't mean they are no longer involved. I am sure many insurance IMOs and carriers have a much larger drop off rate than NAA.

NAA Recruiting

I was recruited by NAA within minutes of posting a resume on Monster and I did a little research on the company.

I spoke to a manager who had about as much charm as an oil pan.

When I asked him some relevant questions, he said, "Are you interviewing me or am I interviewing you?"

I said, "Both, of course."

He gave me a review of what "A" and "B" leads are. I know from being in sales for most of my career that even stale leads can be used, and I don't doubt that some people do pretty well with NAA right away.

The problems I had with it were:

1. It's a night and weekend job, like real estate. This is difficult for people with kids.

2. They pretty much throw you to the wolves and when you get frustrated, bored, or tired, they collect the premiums.

3. No residuals.

4. Cheesy marketing that is a bait and switch. They bait you with "mortgatge protection" to really go in there and sell you life insurance. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but I'd rather be up front.

5. Aggressive recruiting is a big red flag. It's a churn & burn system. Been there, done that, have t-shirts, ashtrays and fridge magnets.

6. Long-distance management via "conference calls," web training and remote communication. Very MLM-ish.

Been there, done that, have the boxes of expired vitamins to show for it.

Anyhoo, I turned it down. I'm going to do something a little more traditional.

dvd493....I think I found you someone who went....he just posted on the other side....I asked him to come on over to get your answers....

Originally posted by TAB
I joined NAA this year and began reading what everyone was writing in this forum within months after joining. I was concerned, but tried to stay positive. More concerned as I read the few pro-NAA folks singing new tunes. Then there was the NAA conference and you really saw what it was about. Why spend time training a new agent when you could spend the same amount of time recruiting 30 more new agents in the time it would have taken you to train the one? It was supposed to be a visual of the stupidity of training one while you could have passed by your next "stud". To me, it was a wake-up call. I wasn't trained and altough I sold a lot of insurance - almost none of it stuck. I want to be a good agent and help people - and I've learned a LOT through my mistakes (I don't make the same one twice.) My next step - learn how to go it alone. Unfortunately, now I'm busted and my credit's ruined. My advice - don't go into a company that doesn't care about you. Stay away from NAA.

Stibroker showed me the way to this site (I wish I'd let him show me the way away from NAA!). Wherever dvd493 is off to, he certainly didn't have any idea about what the conference covered. Don't get me wrong - there were a lot of folks there who had great stories to tell. How they were broke and NAA saved them. It was also very, very religious - with "witnessing", etc. I felt like I was at an evangelical conference at times. Then there was the poor woman who wrote Andy camplaining her boss hadn't trained her...she was ridiculed for two days. Even though the whole, entire theme of the conference was: "Don't take time to train your downlin, spend ALL your time recruiting". They even did a sort of skit showing how training wasted your time. You need to recruit, recruit, recruit - if you recruit enough people, you'll find your "stud" who will make you rich. Me, I'm not rich. I'm flat out busted and don't know how I'm going to pay my bills. BUT - I'm determined to make it in the insurance industry. I believe it it. I'll just never work for an MLM again.

I know this is long - but I just have to warn others away. It's a hard enough business, I think, but I found I really enjoy it and I believe it's a good service to provide. NAA is just not tey way. Stibroker - I sure wish I'd listened to you. Any advice on how to pull out of this mess?

Anyway - the conference was an eye-opener.

Latest posts

Back