Is anyone going to the Convention (National Agents Alliance) (NAA

flatfive said:
What is US Financial's rate on that guy?

I could only go as low as $100,000....I ran 20 and 30's....as well as F&G

cathy11.jpg

flatfive said:
What is US Financial's rate on that guy?

I could only go as low as $100,000....I ran 20 and 30's....as well as F&G

cathy11.jpg

I have to agree with the idea that price isn't the be all and end all. I would surely hate it too think that was my main selling point. I would think the main idea is to insure as many as possible since we all hopefully believe that having life insurance is a good thing?

James said:
I have to agree with the idea that price isn't the be all and end all. I would surely hate it too think that was my main selling point. I would think the main idea is to insure as many as possible since we all hopefully believe that having life insurance is a good thing?

Let's say you need gas, on your side of the street the gas is $3.00 a gallon, but on the opposite side of the street it's $2.00 a gallon, are you saying you think more people would/should pay $3.00 a gallon because it's more convenient? I can see paying the higher price if it's just a few cents more, but not 50% more. I believe, given the option, most would make the effort to cross over traffic to save the money.

And I don't think term insurance is any different. When it comes to term insurance, there really is no other selling point than price. Sure you can talk about convertibility, but in reality, how many term policies are converted? Not many. Given the option, most (not all) would be willing to have the exam to save the money.

sman said:
James said:

Let's say you need gas, on your side of the street the gas is $3.00 a gallon, but on the opposite side of the street it's $2.00 a gallon, are you saying you think more people would/should pay $3.00 a gallon because it's more convenient? I can see paying the higher price if it's just a few cents more, but not 50% more. I believe, given the option, most would make the effort to cross over traffic to save the money.

And I don't think term insurance is any different. When it comes to term insurance, there really is no other selling point than price. Sure you can talk about convertibility, but in reality, how many term policies are converted? Not many. Given the option, most (not all) would be willing to have the exam to save the money.

I'm not going to defend the extremes here. Depending upon the age and amount plus the company of choice will determine the difference. Yet in the end it does all amount up on how many people you place more so if there is a price variance of coverage. Lets face it a thirty year old that applies for a 500 grand term policy is facing what kind of exam?

James said:
Lets face it a thirty year old that applies for a 500 grand term policy is facing what kind of exam?

the same as a $100,000.....but you guys are not getting it.....I would much rather see my client spend $89 on a $1,000,000 worth of coverage than for $100,000 of overpriced non~med rop.......

James said:
Lets face it a thirty year old that applies for a 500 grand term policy is facing what kind of exam?

the same as a $100,000.....but you guys are not getting it.....I would much rather see my client spend $89 on a $1,000,000 worth of coverage than for $100,000 of overpriced non~med rop.......

Na, I get it, it is you that don't get it. You're attempting to set up a false reality, yet no matter how much you persist the reality of selling insurance will always prevail. If price was everything why not a ten year term for 40 dollars via Ohio National Life Assurance Corporation? A lot cheaper then your 89 dollars. Lets face it at thirty they're likely not too cash in either and, sooner or later they will have no insurance. So depending upon their needs and desires which no one knows till you sit down and try too understand what they say. In other words no one formula is going to answer this question.

In fact, too say otherwise is selling based on what you perceive to be what is good for everyone or in other words, a false reality. Which is basically one of the big No-No's of effective selling. If you consider the client opinion less then your opinion, which to some here I would have to consider that a possibility. That is why you ask questions, to see what the client wants and doesn't want. After you understand that is when you go back with a quote that hopefully you have achieved a confirmation that if you can achieve certain criterias base on what the client wants that they will buy! If not it all for not so I suppose if you like shooting in the dark then by george go for it!

James said:

With Banner Life, it would be an Abbreviated Paramed, Blood & Urine. Heck, a million is the same underwriting requirement up through age 50. Up to age 60 for a million is a paramend, blood & urine.

James said:
James said:

Na, I get it, it is you that don't get it. You're attempting to set up a false reality, yet no matter how much you persist the reality of selling insurance will always prevail. If price was everything why not a ten year term for 40 dollars via Ohio National Life Assurance Corporation? A lot cheaper then your 89 dollars. Lets face it at thirty they're likely not too cash in either and, sooner or later they will have no insurance. So depending upon their needs and desires which no one knows till you sit down and try too understand what they say. In other words no one formula is going to answer this question.

In fact, too say otherwise is selling based on what you perceive to be what is good for everyone or in other words, a false reality. Which is basically one of the big No-No's of effective selling. If you consider the client opinion less then your opinion, which to some here I would have to consider that a possibility. That is why you ask questions, to see what the client wants and doesn't want. After you understand that is when you go back with a quote that hopefully you have achieved a confirmation that if you can achieve certain criterias base on what the client wants that they will buy! If not it all for not so I suppose if you like shooting in the dark then by george go for it!

James,

Do you proof read your messages before you post them? Sometimes they are very hard to follow. In addition, you use "then" where you should be using "than" ALL THE TIME. And "too" is not to be used the way you use it in your previous post. You may view this as petty, but to me, it speaks to the ability of one to comprehend logic. Which is something I think you may lack. Or maybe you're just pulling everyone's chain and writing this way to get this type of response.

I only point this out because if you talk the way you write, I can see why you wouldn't be writing many $1,000,000+ policies.

James said:
So depending upon their needs and desires which no one knows till you sit down and try too understand what they say. In other words no one formula is going to answer this question.

SO now after this step we have come up with a face amount....is this when you sell them the expensive home cert. plan......

Latest posts

Back