Is anyone going to the Convention (National Agents Alliance) (NAA

flatfive said:
Sti,

Are you one of those naive newbies who thinks they are actually doing the "right thing" just because they have the cheapest price? Or are you one of those old farts that thinks they have more integrity than everyone else? In either event, thank god there are more realistic agents that go behind you and provide protection for the people you couldn't get approved.

I don't know how you can sleep at night knowing how many people you have left uninsured.

flatfive,

How do you know how many people Sti has left uninsured? You make some grand assumptions. I am one of those that sells very little non-med. Why? Because I can generally find coverage much cheaper. A good agent is familiar with the underwriting of several carriers. This way, he can lead the client down the right path.

I'm not opposed to non-med. Just those that sell non-med as a first choice ALL THE TIME. They walk into a house with a 30-something healthy couple with a $200k mortgage and they only offer the non-med with DI. And it's only for the amount of the mortgage. They don't even mention that they could save hundreds of dollars per year if they are willing to have a simple exam. Nor do they do a needs analysis to determine what an appropriate amount of coverage would be (just covering the mortgage is not appropriate). To me, that's putting your needs and wants ahead of the customers. The agent simply wants the quick commission.

So now the statement is reversed. I don't know how you can sleep at night knowing the majority of your agents are selling an overpriced product just so they (and you) can get a quick commission.

flatfive said:
Sti,

Are you one of those naive newbies who thinks they are actually doing the "right thing" just because they have the cheapest price? Or are you one of those old farts that thinks they have more integrity than everyone else? In either event, thank god there are more realistic agents that go behind you and provide protection for the people you couldn't get approved.

I don't know how you can sleep at night knowing how many people you have left uninsured.

No....I am a insurance agent that sells like I would like to be sold if I was on the other side of the fence....BTW.....every life contract I have written has been placed and kept.....except for this one guy that got popped by the MIB for coming up pos. for coke on a life application 6 mo. before I got to him(he even passed my para~med).... dang...should have had him call NAA......daham I HATE people that lie to me.......

I'm not a big fan of anything remotely deceptive. The NAA mailers are deceptive because most people think their mortgage company is recommending the product. It's also not "mortgage protection" - it's "life insurance." That's like me calling health insurance "medical protection." These companies want to take the word "insurance" out of the presentation because if people know when they get the mailers it's just life insurance almost none would reply.

I see nothing wrong with a mp agency that doesn't charge for leads, and doesn't strongly incentivize their agents to recruit. That quite different from NAA.

flatfive said:
If the word insurance is such a turn off, then why not stop using it?

yea....and I know agents that thought selling whole life insurance as a retirement plan (but not telling the client it was life insurance )was also a good idea .....

http://www.findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_qa3898/is_200004/ai_n8897960

Agent sells life insurance to woman seeking retirement plan: Fraud: Violation of consumer sales practices act: Postverdict settlement

Doe v. Commercial Union Life Ins. Co., Ohio, Summit County C.C.P., No. 97 03 2893, Sept. 13,1999.

Doe, 43, hoped to retire early and attended a "retirement planning" seminar presented by Commercial Union Life Insurance Company and its agent, Barnett, a life insurance salesman. She then consulted with Barnett in her home and purchased two "retirement plans" at a cost of approximately $100,000. Six years later, she learned these plans were life insurance policies that were unsuitable for her needs.

Doe sued Commercial Union and Barnett, alleging negligence, fraud, and violations of (1) the Consumer Sales Practices Act, Ohio Rev. Code Ann. 1345.01 et seq., and (2) state regulations governing the sale of life insurance, Ohio Admin. Code ch. 3901-1. Plaintiff claimed Commercial Union had instructed its agents to market life insurance as an investment or retirement plan. She argued this tactic resulted in the sale of life insurance to those who had no need for it. Plaintiff also claimed that by using about $100,000 to buy insurance policies, she lost more than $110,000 in growth on her savings.

Defendants countered that plaintiff knew or should have known she was buying life insurance and the policies she bought were a suitable savings vehicle for retirement.

flatfive said:
Hey, if someone doesn't want to take the paramed I'm not there to convince them otherwise.

if they are that adamant about a paramed then I don't want to be thier agent....and I can do this because if I don't make this sale my family still eats.......

flatfive said:
EVERY CONTRACT YOU'VE WRITTEN HAS PLACED??? Come on! Unless you've only written 10 applications, that statement has no credibility whatsoever.

We you have to understand that not all my income comes from writing life insurance.....so when I write one I have already written their health insurance and know their options...

flatfive said:
The ironic thing is that the placement ratio on non-med apps is way higher than on fully underwritten policies.

and I am sure that all these non~meds were giving a choice ....

Back