Is My Script Alright? Please Help :S

jess1991

Is this ____________?
Hello Mr/Miss/Mrs I’m __________________ calling from Sorted For Life.

I’m calling you to offer our service regarding Life Insurance

Do you mind if I ask you a couple questions?

Do you currently have any life insurance?

YES: That’s good, do you mind telling me who you are with?
Would you be interested in a free review to see if we can save you some money on your insurance?

NO: Would you be interested in looking at some health or life insurance options? We use all the leading insurance company’s so we are able to make the best choice for you, it’s a free, no obligation service.

When is the best time to suit you?

I am new to the insurance industry and would really appreciate any help especially on more ways to get clients/appointments

Thanks guys! :)

I'm just going through the phone book

Oh gosh that sounds bad... I'm getting appointments (about 1 every 2hours, but it is very tiring on top of a day at work) but they seem to be really keen at the time (well the males do) but the wife's/partners are never happy.

My bosses wife wrote it for me, but I don't really like it, and don't like to follow it, I think I just need a really good opening to catch there attention.

Are you closing any of the appointments or are you doing a lot of free policy reviews?

I have never done cold calling but I think there has to be a better script that you can find for cold calling.

I am doing the first appointments, giving them quotes, sending them out a letter with the quotes and some brochures/information, giving them a call for the second appointment, when I call them I usually say something along the lines of when would be a good time to catch up and answer any questions you have, and I get the second appointment (where I should be closing) but the wife always needs more time to think about it, resulting in me with appointments but not many sales.
I have been told that because I am a younger female the wife's can feel threatened by me, but I think that isn't rite.

Also I'm from New Zealand (if you know where that is haha) so we might have different rules?

This is what my BDM has just given me:

Hi, this Is _____________ from _______________

We specialize in working with people who care for someone, that’s most of us isn’t it?

We work with people who have life insurance based risk management programmes that are designed to give you and your family certainty, control and cash flow when illness or injury strikes.

Do you have a programme like this at present
Yes I do
Do you mind if I ask you a couple questions about that?

(go over relevant questions)

I'm a local life insurance agent with ABC Co. and I wanted to call and find out if you have a life insurance agent?

(Answer doesn't matter)

Great, I wanted to see if I could apply for the job.

Have you tried that approach Full? It sounds just simple enough to work. What were your results if you did?

Jess1991, so you're from New Zealand. I read the other day that the are sea alligators that swim in your surrounding waters and they grow to 23 feet long and weigh 2,200 pounds. Please don't go near the water!:swoon:

Last edited:
Back