Is Selling Health Insurance non-existent?

That's the first sign, Just like with Medicare supplement, when I get a lead so eager to do an application generally means they cant pass underwriting, Something people are eager t get help with U65 because they cant get help from other agents because of other agents either can't make money on it or cant offer best product
Well, all of the people im referring to are around my age (19) and just got kicked off of their parents insurance and don't wanna get a fat fine at the end of the year haha.

Well, all of the people im referring to are around my age (19) and just got kicked off of their parents insurance and don't wanna get a fat fine at the end of the year haha.

Rob, as long as you are not in Johnson or Wyandotte counties and your friends are healthy, if you can get appointed with Medica Connect, The HSA bronze plan might be a good option. And if your friends would start making HSA contributions now, assuming continued good health, they would get a very nice time based accumulation and compounding effect by the time they are my age. Junkman and some of the other agents can give you good advice on HSA custodians to recommend.

(and if you happen to be down southwest, like garden city or liberal, and speak spanish or have a spanish speaking friend that would work with you, I think tonyisme's comment is worth some consideration too.)

Is that an issue?

Might make it more challenging.

From an agent perspective, U65 health insurance is essentially dead as many have alluded to.

Group insurance has a somewhat steep learning curve and is mostly written by agents with a strong business community networking background. Business owners and benefits managers like to business with people they know and trust.

If you live in an area with a number of businesses with fewer than 25 employees and are willing to knock on a lot of doors you might be able to make it.

The steep learning curve plus usually at least a 60 day gestation period before you get the app, then another 60 - 90 days before the first commission check comes in may not work for you.

I know nothing about your bank account, but most 19 year olds have a negative balance sheet. If you are aggressive and a desire to "do anything for a buck" the FE market probably presents one of the better options for fast(er) money.

Back