Is there a BCBS of Florida general agency?

Re: Update

Ain't gonna happen. Comp to the GA isn't even 20%.

Comp to the GA is over 20%, more like 23. I know a broker with a 20%, 12 month advance BCBS Contract. The problem is, I would never advise anyone to do business with this agency. If you've done business in Florida, then you probably know to avoid certain agencies. I will leave it at that.

I have something in the works with a Florida BX GA that supposedly pays 20% advanced. If this turns out to be for real, I'll find out about getting others appointed.

hey, i'm working on a bcbs of fl contract as well. made contact with someone, and if he gives me a GA contract, I will let you know. Keep me posted if it works out for you too.

Comp to the GA is over 20%, more like 23. I know a broker with a 20%, 12 month advance BCBS Contract. The problem is, I would never advise anyone to do business with this agency. If you've done business in Florida, then you probably know to avoid certain agencies. I will leave it at that.

I'd like to know who you are speaking of. I am in Florida.

hey, i'm working on a bcbs of fl contract as well. made contact with someone, and if he gives me a GA contract, I will let you know. Keep me posted if it works out for you too.

It is my understanding that as of 5/1/08 that BCBS FL will use independent agents but still requires a contract through one of their existing GAs. I wonder if that means that BCBS quotes will soon be available on Norvax ?

I' am in North Florida ( Jacksonville ) and looking for a the best contract. What is the best contract you have heard of for Individual and Med Supp ?

I know about what GA NOT to go with. I believe their the biggest in North Florida.

It is my understanding that as of 5/1/08 that BCBS FL will use independent agents but still requires a contract through one of their existing GAs. I wonder if that means that BCBS quotes will soon be available on Norvax ?

Do you have any kind of independent info to verify your assertion? I count three different BCBSFL GA's among my friends. I've talked with all three in the last ten days, and have not heard word one about this.

What's your source?

Do you have any kind of independent info to verify your assertion? I count three different BCBSFL GA's among my friends. I've talked with all three in the last ten days, and have not heard word one about this.

What's your source?

An agent who i have known for sometime who recently worked for the BCBS Store in North Florida( I honestly don't know if that means she was an employee of BCBS or contracted agent ). I just re read the email she sent me and she states that as of 5/1/08 independent agents can now contract under one of the six BCBS MGA's in Florida.

I haven't verified this but i have no reason to doubt this woman who has been an agent/ sales manager for a long time.

FYI i was appointed with one of these BCBS MGAs as an independent agent on the down low about a year ago but never placed any business - so i know first hand it can be done.

I just re read the email she sent me and she states that as of 5/1/08 independent agents can now contract under one of the six BCBS MGA's in Florida.

If anyone can verify this please post here. Last I checked they would not take individual appointments and like most (not all) in the Blue brand they were not exactly friendly.

Is there an online application for agents or GA'S?

We are getting a Master Agent contract finalized and will be able to sign up agents under us to sell BX IFPs. I expect comp to the subs will be 15-18%, but will confirm later when we have our ducks in a row.

So, sign on with a BX GA and be captive for 10% (umm, no thanks) or find an MAA and get over 15% if you give BX first shot at the biz.

Not the best deal in the world, but so many of my clients insist on BX that it forces the issue.

Is there an online application for agents or GA'S?

I could be wrong, but there is no online app that I've heard of or seen. It's still a good ol boy network of MGAs from what I can tell. They limit who can sell individual. If your agency writes enough group for them they might let you into the IM/IFP market.

Do you write enough FL business to want to offer BCBSFL?

Back