Is there a BCBS of Florida general agency?

Hello Everyone... My name is Jerry Cuglietta and I am the President and CEO of Florida Insurance, Inc. We are the second largest Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida Contracted General Agency.

We have just signed a new agreement with Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida to be a MGA under the name of Agency Consultants, Inc. This agreement allows us to contract Master Appointed Agents with a contract that pays 20% annualized commissions.

If you would like more details, email me at: [email protected] or call me at: 813-927-8780 between the hours of 8am and 6pm.

I just emailed Jerry, and the contract requires exclusivity. So it is a captive BCBS Agency, not a General Agency. Don't let his post fool you.

If anyone knows a reputable BCBS of FL agency to will allow independents to sell, please let me know.

Thanks.

Re: Update

Hello Everyone... My name is Jerry Cuglietta and I am the President and CEO of Florida Insurance, Inc. We are the second largest Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida Contracted General Agency.

We have just signed a new agreement with Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida to be a MGA under the name of Agency Consultants, Inc. This agreement allows us to contract Master Appointed Agents with a contract that pays 20% annualized commissions.

If you would like more details, email me at: [email protected] or call me at: 813-927-8780 between the hours of 8am and 6pm.

I thought that "assertion" was a pretty strong word to use toward someone who was just trying to share information to fellow agents on this forum - but i believe this might qualify as verification.

I am usually not one to repeat gossip so you better listen good the first time.

It turns out it was not a brokerage contract after all...wanna try again?

This is a captive arrangement - must meet with clients - can only use another carrier in case of a decline - must give BX right of 1st refusal.

Wow, thanks for the "new" info. You are truly "Mr. Florida".

If you look back several days and many posts ago, I let everyone know that there are no BCBSFL IFP brokerage contracts available.

Do you have any enlightening new info?

Not sure where you're located, I'm in Orlando with my GA in Lakeland - we are writing BCBS with a 12 month, 15% advance - that's as high as BC is willing to go. I'm only appointing to have in the bag for clients that have checked out their (BC) site and insist on it. Every thing else you've read here is what I've heard too - slow underwriting, have to be SUPER healthy or gonna get declined and pretty regular rate increases - sure not long b4 premium will be in line with other carriers. BC has clever system too - you're not captive but require you to offer their product first. They'll "secret shop" you as a spot check and pull your appointment if you're not plugging them 1st! If you're interested can get you the details.

Tom Wharton recommended someone who claims to offer 13% as an indie. I agreed to send my Secure Horizons business through him for the top contract. He said he would send it but it's over a week now. Capri Financial is the name. I was going to switch my GR to him also. Not much support there.
:no:

Not sure where you're located, I'm in Orlando with my GA in Lakeland - we are writing BCBS with a 12 month, 15% advance - that's as high as BC is willing to go. I'm only appointing to have in the bag for clients that have checked out their (BC) site and insist on it. Every thing else you've read here is what I've heard too - slow underwriting, have to be SUPER healthy or gonna get declined and pretty regular rate increases - sure not long b4 premium will be in line with other carriers. BC has clever system too - you're not captive but require you to offer their product first. They'll "secret shop" you as a spot check and pull your appointment if you're not plugging them 1st! If you're interested can get you the details.

What do you consider regular rate increases? Blue Cross raises individual rates on under 65 products in June, while the hospital surgical is normally in August every year. Once a year is not regular compared to some other health insurers. You not only have to offer Blue Cross first you have to write it and only if the the person is declined you may write with another.

Back