Is there a BCBS of Florida general agency?

I would not do business with any company that does not have online applications and tracking capabilities - sorry that does not fit my business model and to me is unthinkable in 2008.

Good sales people can field the BX objections. Many agents lowball (by instinct) and sell limited plans. Overcome the objection and sell your product.

Last edited:
I was a group of one with BC/BS Maryland (Care First). Last month got a letter that they will no longer allow one in a group. Soooo, I am in the market for health insurance... in Florida.... (the business was in MD).
Just chiming in to let you know I could track things online with BC/BS.

Any recommendations for a plan for a healthy non-smoking 60 yr old woman are welcome. I've been looking at AARP 50-64 and some others but I'm seriously confused.

The premiums (Florida) for individual health coverage seem to be much higher and higher deductible. Bummer.

~Chere

I was a group of one with BC/BS Maryland (Care First). Last month got a letter that they will no longer allow one in a group. Soooo, I am in the market for health insurance... in Florida.... (the business was in MD).
Just chiming in to let you know I could track things online with BC/BS.

Any recommendations for a plan for a healthy non-smoking 60 yr old woman are welcome. I've been looking at AARP 50-64 and some others but I'm seriously confused.

The premiums (Florida) for individual health coverage seem to be much higher and higher deductible. Bummer.

~Chere

You can get a one person group here in Florida, but it is very expensive, and open enrollment is only in August to be effective 10/1.

The AARP plan has some serious limitations as detailed in another thread on this board.

Where are you located here in the Sunshine State?

We are getting a Master Agent contract finalized and will be able to sign up agents under us to sell BX IFPs. I expect comp to the subs will be 15-18%, but will confirm later when we have our ducks in a row.

So, sign on with a BX GA and be captive for 10% (umm, no thanks) or find an MAA and get over 15% if you give BX first shot at the biz.

Not the best deal in the world, but so many of my clients insist on BX that it forces the issue.

Let me know what the best commish you are going to offer. I am currently appointed with BCBS as a captive/independent since 1/07 but never submitted any business so i shouldn't have any problem getting a release .

Re: Update

Do you have any kind of independent info to verify your assertion? I count three different BCBSFL GA's among my friends. I've talked with all three in the last ten days, and have not heard word one about this.

What's your source?

Hello Everyone... My name is Jerry Cuglietta and I am the President and CEO of Florida Insurance, Inc. We are the second largest Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida Contracted General Agency.

We have just signed a new agreement with Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida to be a MGA under the name of Agency Consultants, Inc. This agreement allows us to contract Master Appointed Agents with a contract that pays 20% annualized commissions.

If you would like more details, email me at: [email protected] or call me at: 813-927-8780 between the hours of 8am and 6pm.

I thought that "assertion" was a pretty strong word to use toward someone who was just trying to share information to fellow agents on this forum - but i believe this might qualify as verification.

I am usually not one to repeat gossip so you better listen good the first time.

Back