Is There a Future in Final Expense?

I am surprised at the amount of guys or here that would pick the time clock over independence. All or 70k and some bennys

I'd look a little more at the things that you don't get paid for in the insurance business, compared to the overall package in the auto business. There are some things in our business that you can't put a price on and make the proposition look much more appealing.

70k in the car business, great. But then your working bell to bell 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. Working every major holiday, day after thanksgiving, day after Christmas etc etc. then what about all those times where you are supposed to finish at a certain time, but can't because you have to finish the deal? Doesn't look so appealing to me. But that's just me.

Why do you think I wanted out so bad. That was me.. Hah!
Ya gotta do the time to get out unless you have substantial savings to get through it which I didn't. I just had to do what I had to do.

70k guarantee, with bene's. it is a no brainer. You could always keep your toes in the insurance, part- time.

You can believe that tale all you want. I was in the car business for 20 years before getting into the insurance business almost 4 years ago. I had a great career and ended my career managing a large Honda dealership. I had simply had enough of the hours. I have never looked back because of the freedom in this business, if you are successful.

I have never met anyone that was in the business that was GUARANTEED $70,000, NOBODY.

Selling Fe is the way to go. If you get the hang of it it's the easiest money you'll ever make.

I am surprised at the amount of guys or here that would pick the time clock over independence. All or 70k and some bennys

What I would pick and what I would advise someone else to pick aren't the same things. I know myself, my needs, my abilities, my likes, and dislikes. You don't know someone elses and he has enough uncertainty to ask our opinion.

What I would pick and what I would advise someone else to pick aren't the same things. I know myself, my needs, my abilities, my likes, and dislikes. You don't know someone elses and he has enough uncertainty to ask our opinion.

Also, all things being equal, that 70k+ benefits is ~$100k in FE, especially when you consider the abuse to your car plus gas.

Now let's think about this, how many folks do we know that *consistently* do $100k+/year in FE? Certainly not the majority. We also don't know what the OP has to make in order to survive in terms of mortgage, family, etc. I had a guy call me and he was going to buy a list for FE. He somehow got it in his head it was easy to build up to $300k/year, you know, not right away, but within a year or two. Not even as a producer, with just a few agents working part-time in their backyard. Guy didn't end up buying a list.

I sold toyotas for 14 years and did F&I for 6 years. I turned numbers most could only dream of. I still have nightmares because I am dreaming I am selling cars. Then when I wake up I smile cuz now I only work when and if I need or want to. I had special arrangements while doing F&I and only had to work 40 hours a week, but they are retail hours and you work lots of nights and every other saturday. The hours suck.

The car business ain't what it used to be by a long shot. Where else can you sell an item for $35,000 and get paid a $75.00 commission? And if your CSI isn't high enough they only pay you 50.

I wish I had a dollar for everytime I heard a guy say he was guarranteed to make 70K, especially In the car business where most guys who say they make 70 make 40. If you apply yourself in this business like you did in the car business you will make more money in leas hours. And don't listen to anybody who says you can do both, because you can't. The car business is long hard hours and when you leave all you want to do is burn rope or drink or chase wild women. Usualy all at the same time. And that can be a problem when your married!

I was in the car business for 21 years and that was 15 years too many. Life is too shot Saturdays are ment to be laying arund the pool with family and friends not pounding the pavement looking for keys.

There is a future in the FE field for the ones that can make it work. More than 90% cannot make it work. Very, very few make over $70,000/yr after lead costs.

I don't know if the $70,000 per year in the car business is accurate. Other car salesmen here say it isn't.

For me I would not do car sales and work the hours if they offered to pay me exactly what I make now.

I recently turned down a job in the insurance business for a guaranteed $85,000/yr plus bonuses and benefits. It was managing 5 FE agencies. First I just told them, thanks but I didn't want the pay cut. They came back with asking me how much they could make the guarantee to get me to consider and I then told them that I just wasn't cut out to work for someone else now that I have been my own boss for almost 20 years.

There is a priceless benefit to being independent. But, if one is not successful as an independent agent then it doesn't matter how much freedom they have. Your mortgage holder doesn't give a crap how you earn the mortgage payment as long as you make it on time every month.

Thanks for all of the input so far.

I will make $70+ because I am not selling cars, I have an offer as a service manager which is what I do in the business and have done 20+ years. My financial position allows me to choose whatever path I want to but I am looking into the future which is why I posted the question.

I do enjoy selling FE and am working on AEP as I have passed AHIP and working on the carriers now. I have been out of work since April and it figures that as soon as I started rolling with this I get a call.

Back