Is This the New "prospecting Bible?"

benseattle

Expert
Has anybody read this new Nick Murray book about prospecting, "The Game of Numbers?"

Amazon is overcharging for it but Murray's website has it listed at $40.00 for this self-published effort. Nick Murray is very well respected within the financial services industry so perhaps the investment would be well worth it.

Still, aside from a few Amazon reviews, has anyone here read the book and is willing to offer an opinion?

I'll save you $40, here is the gist: sales is a numbers game, your specific script doesn't really matter if you are out there talking to people, and as long as you keep going, you won't fail to build the business you want.

Please mail the check by Friday. Personally, I think the book is over rated. All of it is common sense if you have been in sales for 3 months. As far as his scripts, I think he is a little out of touch, but that's not the gist of the book anyway.

I wrote a thread on numbers before on this forum.

It talked about just keep seeing the people! It is all a numbers game.

While I agree it is a numbers game.

The better the "script" the less numbers one needs to call.

I have a sales gal here that worked in my agency for 4 years before I sold it. Stupid agent that bought it fired her a year later because his wife couldn't get along with her.

She can make 30 calls a day & meet our sales goals. Most of the other sales folks can't do what she does with 80-100 calls/day! Why, because she follows the script & knows what she is doing.

But you all are right. It is a numbers game. I'd just rather do it with 30 call vs. 80 myself. Makes life much more easier & less stressful. So the better the script & your personality over the phone, the less calls one needs to make to meet their goals.

This guy is a Rock Star IMO when it comes to sales techniques that work in almost any business. I highly encourage one to get any of his books!

Little Red Book of Sales Answers!:idea:

Rob sold his interest in that brokerage agency and moved to New Mexico. He is now known as Eduardo Mustafa and is scheduled to fight in the first ever "Across The Border" fight series which matches illegal aliens with residents of southern New Mexico.

Back