Issue Age Med Supp vs. Community Rated Med Supp

I agree. Anyone selling supps should know the difference betweem issue aged, attained age, and community rated. That is med supp 101. How would you compare policies or know whats best if you do not know how premiums work?

Sorry to hurt your feeling there buddy. It just surprises me when agents ask basic knowledge questions and they are susposed to be the EXPERT. You are trying to sell supps right? If so, you need to know all that and then some.

Don't mean to sound mean, but when you have to ask that stuff instead of "knowing it" or at least knowing what publication it is in.... that's alarming.

While this site is good for learning in depth stuff, situational knowledge, or techniques for making the most $$$ one should take time away from the computer and crack a book.

Good selling.

Great! Looks like we've got a true expert here folks. So gordon, would you be so kind as to bestow upon us your knowledge of which premium type would technically have higher premium increases? Issue age or community rated In your experience, and in your own words ofcourse.

Thank You

I agree. Anyone selling supps should know the difference betweem issue aged, attained age, and community rated. That is med supp 101. How would you compare policies or know whats best if you do not know how premiums work?
Does your state offer all three? Not all states do, you know. That's Med Supp 101, you know? Of course you did know that since you are able to talk down to others here.

In Iowa, only four of the 50+ companies that sell Med Supps use issue age, none of the companies that I have sold for do. This is why I was confused, which I stated in the original post. Have you admitted being wrong before?

I also didn't make any statements of fact; I clearly stated that I might misunderstand the terms. Good job jumping my ass, though. Next time, read the post and provide corrections where I have admitted that I might be wrong.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
So Tim, I guess I'm not the only one who believes you need a little more training before you post what you believe to be facts.

Rick
See above.....

Last edited:
Tim:

About a month ago I left you a couple of phone messages offering to discuss Medicare with you. I also sent you a very nice PM suggesting we talk. At that time I thought you were just confused.

Now I understand that you might not be capable of learning.

When you stop believing you don't need guidance, let us know.

Rick

Tim:

About a month ago I left you a couple of phone messages offering to discuss Medicare with you. I also sent you a very nice PM suggesting we talk. At that time I thought you were just confused.

Now I understand that you might not be capable of learning.

When you stop believing you don't need guidance, let us know.

Rick
How many times do I have to admit that I was mistaken before you understand that I am capable of admitting that I was wrong and learning? Even in the original post I said that I might misunderstand the terms used. Now you are just being an ass.

Good day to you.

Great! Looks like we've got a true expert here folks. So gordon, would you be so kind as to bestow upon us your knowledge of which premium type would technically have higher premium increases? Issue age or community rated In your experience, and in your own words ofcourse.

Thank You

Actually that type of knowledge would be useless IMO. Of the three states I do business in the market or regulators set the standard. For example: Arkansas is all community rated so comparing all three in that market is impossible. Missouri is all issue age... again impossible to make a comparison. Kansas... I believe all attained age. At least every plan I represent there is attained age. Unless someone can identify a state that offers a good quantity of all three it would be useless to compare attained age in Kansas to Issue age Missouri since we have the GI law that negates a true comparison. I personally do not have enough clients in community rated Arkansas to compare to attained age Kansas. To sum it up, I doubt there is one amongst us that has to deal with all three rating methods in one market.

Actually that type of knowledge would be useless IMO. Of the three states I do business in the market or regulators set the standard. For example: Arkansas is all community rated so comparing all three in that market is impossible. Missouri is all issue age... again impossible to make a comparison. Kansas... I believe all attained age. At least every plan I represent there is attained age. Unless someone can identify a state that offers a good quantity of all three it would be useless to compare attained age in Kansas to Issue age Missouri since we have the GI law that negates a true comparison. I personally do not have enough clients in community rated Arkansas to compare to attained age Kansas. To sum it up, I doubt there is one amongst us that has to deal with all three rating methods in one market.

Ahh yes! You are probably correct in your doubt however when I originally posted this thread I was specifically speaking about issue age VS community rated, I never mentioned attained age. So, if there are any agents who work in a state that has both community and issue age like we do in Arizona then I would appreciate your input.
:GEEK:

How come you guys have to complicate a one car funeral? Just sell the current premium and be done with it. I never bring up "the different ways we price a product" melody. But i had one prospect ask this past week if that was an issue age premium. Who put that in his head? He barely knew the diff between medicare and SS benefits. So I figure some desperate agent is running around shouting'''Yeah, but mine are issue age not attained age...haha." Prob that Bankers agent i mentioned in a previous post selling select Plan F for 36/mo.

Ahh yes! You are probably correct in your doubt however when I originally posted this thread I was specifically speaking about issue age VS community rated, I never mentioned attained age. So, if there are any agents who work in a state that has both community and issue age like we do in Arizona then I would appreciate your input.
:GEEK:

Didn't know AZ had both. What do "most" companies offer in AZ?

Of the two types, which type comes out to me most competitive most often?

The one sold most often will by default have the most rate increases... more exposure to claims losses.

Back