Issue Age Med Supp vs. Community Rated Med Supp

jd the reason they don't is found below it clealy spells out attained age will bcome the most expensice. Community is second most expensive. issue age for long haul least expensive

----------

You want to see modern take any company and give me the average rate increases which included the changes in medicare and inflation as well as the incease for aage attainment for between 1992-2012 for PMIC it was 7-9% and my wifes in 2013 was 7.99%

jd the reason they don't is found below it clealy spells out attained age will bcome the most expensice. Community is second most expensive. issue age for long haul least expensive

So Medicare is intimately familiar with the internal operations of each Medicare Supplement carrier? Medicare knows what their payroll is, administrative expenses are, etc.? The things you are quoting are generalities. They aren't hard fast rules. It's obvious you believe in what you are doing. That doesn't make your way better than the rest of us. I can assure you that you wouldn't be able to convince ANY of my clients they are better off paying more for their Medicare Supplement because of the 2003 booklet you keep quoting. Nor could you convince them because you throw out this particular carrier has averaged 7-9% rate increases. But keep fighting the good fight and we'll keep doing it the way that has worked for us for many years.

----------

You want to see modern take any company and give me the average rate increases which included the changes in medicare and inflation as well as the incease for aage attainment for between 1992-2012 for PMIC it was 7-9% and my wifes in 2013 was 7.99%

What is your wife's age and rate she is paying now?

What is your wife's age and rate she is paying now?

And what was her rate when she started? Almost forgot, what is the zip code?

----------

Just looked up Physicians Mutual Plan G for the 76 year old female I mentioned earlier. Their Plan G is $173.41 per month ($168.41 if bank draft). This current client is paying $121.59. Yeah, it would make so much sense to go with Physicians Mutual. And it makes even less sense in the states that have GI/Birthday rule.

Re: Issue Age Med Supp VS Community Rated Med Supp

Issue Age plans have one increase for changes in medicare or inflation. ATTAINED AGE goes up on age changes in medicare. Ihave one client who had three rate increases over 15% each one

----------

typo issue age increases on inflation and changes to medicare no rate increase for age. attained age increases with age and changes to medicare. I saw one client have 3 double digit increases in less than 1 year. The lowest was 15%

Issue Age plans have one increase for changes in medicare or inflation. ATTAINED AGE goes up on age changes in medicare. Ihave one client who had three rate increases over 15% each one

----------

typo issue age increases on inflation and changes to medicare no rate increase for age. attained age increases with age and changes to medicare. I saw one client have 3 double digit increases in less than 1 year. The lowest was 15%

You saw ONE client have these crazy rate increases and that translates into ALL? I'm willing to bet that one person you speak of was either with a carrier who wasn't a major player or they had the dreaded Plan N from United of Omaha.

How about answer the questions that were asked of you about your wife's rate?

----------

Which company took 3 double digit increases in one year? I don't even think Mutual of Omaha did that.

----------

I used to run across this same situation everytime I replaced a United American policy that was way overpriced to begin with. Sounds like you've been educated by them!

When I was captive with United American in the 90's, their supplements were issue age. They spent a lot of time teaching us how much cheaper issue age would be than attained age in a few years...hell, I think UA's premiums are about the highest out there! What a load of crap! I was with Physician's Mutual for a couple of years, and they offered both issue and attained in Illinois. I'll always go with attained age if given the choice. These days, how many people are going to keep their supplement with the same company long enough to test that theory anyway?

----------

Technically, Physician's Mutual hasn't issued a Medicare Supplement in years...they issue them through their life division, Physician's Life.

Back