Issue Age Med Supp vs. Community Rated Med Supp

I understand this is a OLD thread, but I feel like it would help by not opening a new thread, PLUS it's relevant.

Bare with me... this question is hard to ask

QUESTION:
Right now, when I quote someone with my quoting tool, no matter what age they are the Price with Medico is $151.29 for a plan G. My question is if a senior signed up for this exact plan with MEDICO 5 years ago, is his premium right now $151.29?

The reason I ask is im worried that everyone gets the community rates or equal rates, and i wouldn't be able to save them money. I''m probably wrong, but please explain...

well i guess you could save by switching companies,

Rating varies by state and carrier.

Most GA carriers are entry age with a few that use community rating. In other states attained age is the norm.

Your quoting tool should indicate the rating basis. I know CSG does and I think the one from Ritter does as well.

And rather than bare with you I decided to keep my clothes on.

All the rates are community rated in the state in which i am working. All the carriers are community rated.

And rather than bare with you I decided to keep my clothes on.

Well than, you're not a player. In this forum, I thought we bare all!

I want to know if the medigap plans sold in Missouri are issue date rated or attained rate dated. I saw a letter from the state insurance dept from 1999 that said plans were to be attained age rated, but a a paper done by Kaiser in the early 2000's that the plan are now issue date rated. Does anyone reading this know the correct answer or where I can find it?

Thanks

John

I want to know if the medigap plans sold in Missouri are issue date rated or attained rate dated. I saw a letter from the state insurance dept from 1999 that said plans were to be attained age rated, but a a paper done by Kaiser in the early 2000's that the plan are now issue date rated. Does anyone reading this know the correct answer or where I can find it?

Thanks

John

I just took a look on CSG Actuarial and all the plans are Issue Age but one. That was Western Catholic Union that was listed at Attained Age. I didn't search the entire state, but I did search a few counties spread out over the state and got the same results.

Thanks

John

According to Manhattan Life's UW Guide, the Show Me State is Issue Age.

Pretty much every carrier in MO is issue age. I've never seen an attained issue policy in 10 years.

Back