Issue with Humana anyone Else?

I can tell you from experience that even captive agents can get caught up in this. If they respond to the mailer or whatever and an agent is sent out, the member tends to assume it will be the original agent again. But that's not necessarily the case depending on the circumstances. Then the member will call you about what the other agent said or did.
I was told I need to start sending mail out before AEP to all clients every year. I didn't do that this year but will definitely do it from now on. I would think a magnet in the package would benefit at this age group. Who doesn't like magnets for the fridge.

I was told I need to start sending mail out before AEP to all clients every year. I didn't do that this year but will definitely do it from now on. I would think a magnet in the package would benefit at this age group. Who doesn't like magnets for the fridge.

If they don't call you right away, a certain percentage will call the carrier anyway after receiving the carrier's mailer if it says anything about changes to their plan, But that's business. The best agents in this business have a high percentage of clients that won't do anything without talking to them first. That's perhaps easier said than done, especially early on.

I don't remember if it was the late Frank Stastny or someone else on here who had cards (and maybe magnets) that said "Your Insurance Agent" and the agent's name and contact info below.

If they don't call you right away, a certain percentage will call the carrier anyway after receiving the carrier's mailer if it says anything about changes to their plan, But that's business. The best agents in this business have a high percentage of clients that won't do anything without talking to them first. That's perhaps easier said than done, especially early on.

I don't remember if it was the late Frank Stastny or someone else on here who had cards (and maybe magnets) that said "Your Insurance Agent" and the agent's name and contact info below.

That's a very good practice. Our famous basketball team the San Antonio Spurs always makes commercials that say "Your Spurs". And they really do feel like our Family when they hurt and when they win.

Back