Just Got Rejected To Sell For Secure Horizons

Veronica

Expert
Hello Again To All,

I just found out today I was declined from selling for Secure Horizons/AARP. I'm sure it might be due to credit rating. If anyone on here knows of some companies that will take me in and is not so harsh about credit rating, please get back with me. I am licensed in life & health. I am currently already contracted with United Home Life Insurance Company & Forethought Life but all they offer is life insurance products. I would like to broaden out with more insurance products, especially health products. It would be greatly appreciated if someone could and would assist me with this matter, if possible. Thank you!

You shouldn't have any problems getting contracted with most of the health carriers - the exception would be Golden Rule - they tend to be a bit rougher on agents with bad credit.

Of course, you have bad credit and trashed credit. If it's bad then again, you should be ok. If it's trashed you likely will not get many appointments and will need to clean it up a bit

I've had a number of agents submit contracting for UHC/Secure Horizons under me. They have declined a good number of them due to financial reasons. Very hard to get an appointment. I'm surprised I have one.

Rick

Actually lately Rick I've spoken to a disproportionate amount of agents having a tough time getting appointments due to credit. I think the carriers are tightening up.

Bingo - carriers have likely been seeing dead broke agents with bad credit coming in and writing a lot of bad business for advances....probably having enough of it.

Risk of Bk has risen and no doubt a number of companies have been named for debt related to advances to agents. Dischargable just like any other debt.

When times get tough... and they surely are today on companies from the investment (income) side of things with mounting losses, then they scale back on every area of exposure.

Except from our friends at IRS, if I'm not mistaken? :twitchy:

That is the common belief, but not 100% true. 1040 taxes, (not to be confused with 941 payroll witholding, or trust taxes), are dischargable... Most folks don't follow all the rules in order to accomplish this, in most cases. For starters, one would have to have made all filings timely.... and the taxes owed must be older than 3yrs... and it is complex, but the IRS has what is called "The Three Year Rule" specifically for discharging elibigle taxes in bankruptcy. The implementation is beyond the scope of the avg taxpayer for compliance and comprehension, but suffice it to say that it is possible.

Self employment taxes would be excluded fom eligibility...

Three Year Rule

Latest posts

Back