Just Had an Accident

@rudy323 you must have not read the part of when I said.. He has a scratch on his bumper, which me and my insurance company are willing to pay for. Not for a falls injury claim..
I'm sure justice will win in this case, and he might not see any money because he is trying to make money of this incident.

I do have full coverage and could have claimed injury as well,
but I'm glad this accident didn't cause more that a scratch on my care and I use my insurance for what it's really for: real damage and real injury!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
For all who have the same concern, ( I'm worried about my premium getting real expensive) I have in case of an accident:
( I have found out some more info from my insurance company)

- If the claim for the injury goes thought
( which I'm sure It doesn't ) I will lose my good drivers discount...
how ever there are manny ways that make up for it buy shopping around:

- The premium might go up by 20 % but some insurances offer a AAA discount of 20% ( Progressive)
- Some insurances offer a Credit Union discount of 20 %
(also progressive) those are for example 2 memberships that will save you money anyway, so I think that's a good option.

@AutoInsuranceExperts the accident is not on my record and will most likely not be on my recored until the and of the contract term.. So that will not come into effect for another 12 months
I just change my insurance ( not only because of this reason, but also because since I took 1 car of the policy, the multiply car discount brought the premium up to 115 $ for 1 car instead of 113 $ for 2 cars total. The premium with the new insurance company for the same service and less deductible would be 89 $ Full coverage but I decided to just have liability for 40$ total..
+ I negotiate no start up fee !!)

So overall ... all this running around and research because of the accident resulted in me paying a lot less for my car insurance .. at least for the next 12 months.

Thanks everybody for participating int this threat and feel free to give more feedback and hopefully more tips.
Have a blessed weekend.

Last edited:
Back