Just Starting Out in California

Good Afternoon All,

I am new to the forum and just recently became licensed in California for health and life. I have a background of insurance mostly auto damage subrogation for the last 10 years, but zero in insurance sales.

I was approached by INSPHERE and offered a position and had 3 interviews and decided to look into the position and possibly accept...but now I have read alot of not so great things about the company which makes me have some concerns. I haven't started yet and the 3 day training they provide isnt until the end of the month. I would like to work for a company for a few months and understand the business more and training if possible.

Can anyone give me a little guidance on what other companies here in Ca I can look into. I would love any advise I can get :biggrin:

Thanks for any input

Arn - Aren't you in CA too?

newinsgal - I'm an agent CA. I'll start off by saying 3 days training is NOT going to get you trained. Warning: Anywhere you start will have you sell to your friends and family to get off the ground. In reality, it's the worst thing you can do because you're so inexperienced.

My suggestion is to try and find a successful agent or financial advisor looking for an assistant. You'll have a mentor, guaranteed income and learn a ton before you start selling. Check with all the mutuals: Mass Mutual, Northwestern Mutual, Guardian or NYL.

I was thinking that 3 days was not going to cut it at all, and the ongoing support (riding with a team lead) may be a waste of time. Since they offer no salary and who knows what kind of leads we will get I would rather not gamble my time or money if it isnt a for sure deal. I have no problem working hard and putting in 100% dedication, so as long as there is light at the end of the tunnel.

I am currently searching for an agent that is looking for an assistant. I am in the Bay Area so hopefully that shouldnt be that tough to find.

Thanks so much for the reply.

I will add, that I recommend looking at joining the Independent Life Insurance Agent Association - ILIAA The webinars are worth every penny and more. As important is Nick's one on one help. Add discounts. and use of compulife.......

You would think that they would at least send me a frickin Starbucks' card.

Welcome to the forum What part of California are you in?

Just my 2 cents.

Good Afternoon All,

I am new to the forum and just recently became licensed in California for health and life. I have a background of insurance mostly auto damage subrogation for the last 10 years, but zero in insurance sales.

I was approached by INSPHERE and offered a position and had 3 interviews and decided to look into the position and possibly accept...but now I have read alot of not so great things about the company which makes me have some concerns. I haven't started yet and the 3 day training they provide isnt until the end of the month. I would like to work for a company for a few months and understand the business more and training if possible.

Can anyone give me a little guidance on what other companies here in Ca I can look into. I would love any advise I can get :biggrin:

Thanks for any input

I will add, that I recommend looking at joining the Independent Life Insurance Agent Association - ILIAA The webinars are worth every penny and more. As important is Nick's one on one help. Add discounts. and use of compulife.......

You would think that they would at least send me a frickin Starbucks' card.

Welcome to the forum What part of California are you in?

Just my 2 cents.
Stop bitching. I allowed you to buy my son and me lunch, didn't I?

Rick

That may be an issue.

I was thinking that 3 days was not going to cut it at all, and the ongoing support (riding with a team lead) may be a waste of time. Since they offer no salary and who knows what kind of leads we will get I would rather not gamble my time or money if it isnt a for sure deal. I have no problem working hard and putting in 100% dedication, so as long as there is light at the end of the tunnel.

I am currently searching for an agent that is looking for an assistant. I am in the Bay Area so hopefully that shouldnt be that tough to find.

Thanks so much for the reply.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
That check sat there for 40 minutes and they were closing. Somebody had to reach for it. I thought the old "I got this" would get the "no, no we got it" reply, Bronstein!

Stop bitching. I allowed you to buy my son and me lunch, didn't I?

Rick

Last edited:
Back