Just Starting Out

utvol

I'm currently an accountant but obtained my P&C license in Dec. I plan on keeping my accounting position but would like to start growing my book of business. I have a local agent that has allowed me to quote with their agency. What is the best way to start growing, marketing, etc.

Utvol, Welcome to the P&C world! In what State are you licensed for P&C ? I realize that you just joined. You should include your State icon, to better help you.
There are a lot of knowledgeable people in the Forums who will no doubt help you with their thoughts and advice. Let us know your State, for starters.

Utvol, Welcome to the P&C world! In what State are you licensed for P&C ? I realize that you just joined. You should include your State icon, to better help you.
There are a lot of knowledgeable people in the Forums who will no doubt help you with their thoughts and advice. Let us know your State, for starters.

Thanks. I'm in Tennnessee
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Cross sell your current accounting customers and network.

I agree. I've thought about cross selling. The only issue would be that it's a small town and most of the insurance companies are clients too. Not sure how to get around this one.

Last edited:
utvol said:
Thanks. I'm in Tennnessee
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I agree. I've thought about cross selling. The only issue would be that it's a small town and most of the insurance companies are clients too. Not sure how to get around this one.

Mortgage brokers. Get a few in your pocket and make best friends with the processor. They will be your #1 COI. State Farm. Get to know all the agents and there staff. They are limited to what they can write. You can pick up some great clients from there leftovers.

Mortgage brokers. Get a few in your pocket and make best friends with the processor. They will be your #1 COI. State Farm. Get to know all the agents and there staff. They are limited to what they can write. You can pick up some great clients from there leftovers.

Great advice. Thanks for the info!

Did the big orange T not give it away? Chuckle chuckle.

Back