Landing Pages

Sort of a discussion topic around the office...

How important are the landing pages that lead vendors use for lead generation? What makes a "good" landing page in the sense that it creates quality leads? For example, if the "You agree that 268 agents may contact you with rates or information" disclosure is in grey 4 point buried in the footer, does it make a difference? Does a "results" page that doesn't actually display rates result in leads that are more willing to answer the phone?

Thoughts?

Lead vendors buy leads from affiliates. Affiliates build out and refine their landing pages to maximize their return on the folks visiting their site. If you google things like "buy car insurance online" or "cheap car insurance rates" you'll find some pages that are obviously affiliate sites (no agency name/number/etc). That said, what they're going for might be different than what your agency needs.

Another important point is actually getting traffic to your site. If you have a great landing page, but aren't driving traffic, no dice.

Landing page optimization is the single biggest thing you can do to lower you CPL. Given a set keyword list, creative, and budget, A/B and multivariate landing page testing will help you pursue the perfect combination of landing page elements. In the past, I have found that simple changes (different color submit button, different copy below the fold, etc.) can have a big effect on conversion rates. The ideal page varies wildly depending on audience and topic/vertical. IN the spirit of you mentioning disclaimers, I have found some privacy policy links go virtually unclicked for months, while the privacy policy link way at the bottom of my med sup lead form garners a fair amount of attention. YMMV

If you have some pages on your site that are doing OK for select KW but not quite hitting as hoped (or expected), are you better off to tweak those pages (indexed) or add a new one?

Do pages play stronger with search engines than posts or is there no difference?

If you have some pages on your site that are doing OK for select KW but not quite hitting as hoped (or expected), are you better off to tweak those pages (indexed) or add a new one?

Do pages play stronger with search engines than posts or is there no difference?

I'm not 100% sure what you're asking can you be more specific...

Hire a (professional) that can explain the problems with your site due to the Panda 25/Penguin update which is impacting your quality score.

Unless you fix those problems, adding a page or tweaking a page for a keyword phrase is like spitting in the wind and not addressing the quality score ranking factors.

It is all about the User and Google has implemented the new quality score. You will never see this score like PR.

[Panda Quality Score/100] x [old ranking factors] =Your Rank

Prior to this latest update, each update would refresh the index and algorithm and you would not see the results of your changes for 3-5 weeks.

All future Panda/Penguin updates will be immediate.

JW, landing pages should provide visitors with quick and easy access to the information they seek. It doesn't matter if the page is driven by organic search or PPC.

The visitor wants to get their question answered, or at least know they are in the right place, in the first 10 - 15 seconds or they are gone.

You can have a landing page that is designed to sell something (such as "Get a quote") or one designed to gather their contact information with the promise of delivering more information in drip fashion.

There is good content on my sites from a variety of resources. Some is completely original while other info is my own observations and expert opinion.

My sites have always been set up as a resource center with a lot of (hopefully useful) information + the ability to get an instant quote.

Now I am thinking I need to make some revisions in existing pages and possibly add new ones to encourage sign up for a drip campaign.

Also considering PPC since it appears Google is becoming more paid ad driven and less organic search.

JW, landing pages should provide visitors with quick and easy access to the information they seek. It doesn't matter if the page is driven by organic search or PPC.

The visitor wants to get their question answered, or at least know they are in the right place, in the first 10 - 15 seconds or they are gone.

You can have a landing page that is designed to sell something (such as "Get a quote") or one designed to gather their contact information with the promise of delivering more information in drip fashion.

There is good content on my sites from a variety of resources. Some is completely original while other info is my own observations and expert opinion.

My sites have always been set up as a resource center with a lot of (hopefully useful) information + the ability to get an instant quote.

Now I am thinking I need to make some revisions in existing pages and possibly add new ones to encourage sign up for a drip campaign.

Also considering PPC since it appears Google is becoming more paid ad driven and less organic search.

Ok so what is your question?

are you asking if it is "better" to publish content as a blog post or a "regular" page outside of the blog?

are you asking if it is "better" to publish content as a blog post or a "regular" page outside of the blog?

Yes, kind of.

My blog is incorporated into the site . . . pages and posts. Seems like I have read that pages carry more weight (possibly since they are static) while posts have less and are dynamic.

But that could be all off.

More interested in feedback on adding new pages/posts vs reworking existing pages/posts.

In the past I have been able to revive old pages and posts with updates but can't decide if that still works or not.

From what I have been reading about PPC you should definitely have a landing page designed to deliver on the promise of your PPC ad. Just assuming you should follow a similar pattern for organic search.

Back