Lead Services

Robocalls | FCC.gov

They can be used in some instances. But not in the method the OP is using them. I doubt he had them all "opt in". Live intro with a recording would be more along the lines of a press1 campaign typically and that does not read like what happened. Maybe the OP did mean that and just was not clear.

If you look through the forum you will see that Thad is a lead generator and has a telemarketing operation I am pretty sure. That is why I say trust him.

:yes:

Yeah thats fine I dont mind going back and finding it again. Let me clarify for you what I was saying. The illegal robo calls are the ones that are obvious scams where they're soliciting fake credit cards offer and such. Sorry, still believe you're mistaken. But I'll go double check for you.

I'm sorry but please prefer read what you wrote it makes almost no sense. In one statements you say it is legal and then in another you say it isn't legal, you can't have it both ways. That said; If the FTC site said it's legal then you should be all good. I wonder though if you would be so kind and post the link so the 99.99% of everyone else in the USA that knows it's illegal can be corrected.

Haha stupid auto correct "proof"

Yeah thats fine I dont mind going back and finding it again. Let me clarify for you what I was saying. The illegal robo calls are the ones that are obvious scams where they're soliciting fake credit cards offer and such. Sorry, still believe you're mistaken. But I'll go double check for you.

Dude really?

I'm sorry but if that's what you BELIVE you should not give any advice on marketing, insurance or really anything about business. You are soooooo wrong it's not even funny, it's like an embarrassing realty show.

Haha stupid auto correct "proof"

No worries, im not the grammar police because phone does the same thing. Ahh I see now, I was partly wrong. I see whats considered legal and illegal. Can't always be 100% right dangit. Looks like sales calls are bad, informative are good. Sorry Thad you win this round.

----------

Dude really?

I'm sorry but if that's what you BELIVE you should not give any advice on marketing, insurance or really anything about business. You are soooooo wrong it's not even funny, it's like an embarrassing realty show.

No need to a dick about it. Be a resource. You had a chance to gain an advocate here. I guess you're right though, my advice has cost people their careers and my businesses have failed. My clients have received bad insurance product knowledge over robo calls. Lol dude get out of here with that non sense. Are you seriously going to be internet bully? Come on man.

No worries, im not the grammar police because phone does the same thing. Ahh I see now, I was partly wrong. I see whats considered legal and illegal. Can't always be 100% right dangit. Looks like sales calls are bad, informative are good. Sorry Thad you win this round.

Your still wrong, not sure what your reading but my god man.

See below.

Some states have their own local robocall laws, which vary greatly. However, federal robocall law applies in every state. The FTC and FCC interpret and enforce federal robocall law. Federal robocall law is contained in both the FTC's Telemarketing Sales Rules (TSR) and in the FCC's Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA). These robocall laws contain restriction on the exact manner in which the robodialing software or hardware may be used. For example:

Unless exempt, a telemarketer may not use a robodialer to send a prerecorded message to a cell phone (consumer or business) or to a consumer's land line without prior express written consent. "Written consent" may be obtained by email, audio recording, web opt-in, etc., so long as certain procedures are followed per the federal E-Sign Act.

Exempt, (generalizing) most political calls, most B2B, most charity calls.

Period the end.

You will NOT find a loop hole to fit you your needs or wants, I have spent many of thousands of dollars on attorney fees to fight and find said loop holes. If a professional plant if gets a hold of you it will be a good day for you only owning 10k or so, but if a state attorney general or FTC gets ahold a you your done for millions.

----------

No worries, im not the grammar police because phone does the same thing. Ahh I see now, I was partly wrong. I see whats considered legal and illegal. Can't always be 100% right dangit. Looks like sales calls are bad, informative are good. Sorry Thad you win this round. ---------- No need to a dick about it. Be a resource. You had a chance to gain an advocate here. I guess you're right though, my advice has cost people their careers and my businesses have failed. My clients have received bad insurance product knowledge over robo calls. Lol dude get out of here with that non sense. Are you seriously going to be internet bully? Come on man.

Look for the humor and you will find it, look for the bully and you will find that too, I lean towards humor. :)

Your still wrong, not sure what your reading but my god man.

See below.

Some states have their own local robocall laws, which vary greatly. However, federal robocall law applies in every state. The FTC and FCC interpret and enforce federal robocall law. Federal robocall law is contained in both the FTC's Telemarketing Sales Rules (TSR) and in the FCC's Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA). These robocall laws contain restriction on the exact manner in which the robodialing software or hardware may be used. For example:

Unless exempt, a telemarketer may not use a robodialer to send a prerecorded message to a cell phone (consumer or business) or to a consumer's land line without prior express written consent. "Written consent" may be obtained by email, audio recording, web opt-in, etc., so long as certain procedures are followed per the federal E-Sign Act.

Exempt, (generalizing) most political calls, most B2B, most charity calls.

Period the end.

You will NOT find a loop hole to fit you your needs or wants, I have spent many of thousands of dollars on attorney fees to fight and find said loop holes. If a professional plant if gets a hold of you it will be a good day for you only owning 10k or so, but if a state attorney general or FTC gets ahold a you your done for millions.

----------

Look for the humor and you will find it, look for the bully and you will find that too, I lean towards humor. :)

I personally was looking for answers because of what I had as my resource. I personally have never used a robo call service. Heck I try to stear my clients clear of 90% of lead generating services period. I asked for a resource in my first post on this topic. And now we're finally getting somewhere. Appreciate your posts that are informative but dont appreciate your act tough over the internet posts. Here is where I found my I formation because I promised I would provide that. If you have an expertise in this area Id like to learn more, well I did. Hell I probably would have paid just to learn what you know knowing you've done your research because the last thing any of is want to do is provide bad info.

http://www.consumer.ftc.gov/features/feature-0025-robocalls

So I tried one of those robo dial services. They were horrible, I told them exactly how I wanted it done, and they completely ignored everything I told them, I was getting phone calls from way up near New York City, which does nothing for me, since I'm 10 minutes from Philadelphia in S Jersey.

I recently was contacted by a company called Hometown Leads, who claim the leads they send you get sent out to no more than 3 agents. I wanted to see if there is anyone out there that has used them and can recommend them or atleast give me a review as to whether or not they are worth the trouble or the time.
I've been in the industry almost a year, and I'm struggling significantly to generate leads and I'm worried I may not make it to the open enrollment period again, when things start moving again. Netquote leads are few & far between, but you need to be the 1st one to get through to the people in order to secure the appointment, and even then there's no guarantee that they were even looking for Medicare info.;):err:

Thank you for asking about Hometown Quotes. If you are looking for MedSupp leads, I cannot help you. We have a few agents with us but I'm not signing up any more until we can get the Quality correct. The folks with us have been with us a while & are willing to put up with the garbage we've been getting ever since the ACA/Obamacare stuff rolled out last October.

Life...a bit better but not in the ballpark that our Auto/Home/Renters leads are.

I know how hard it is to make it as an agent. Regardless if I can help you with leads, I possibly can help you with information if you'd like to chat. I'm on an airplane in the morning until 1:30 PST. Call me after that & I'll have time to talk as I have a 1.5 hour drive after I land.:(

I'll PM you my cell after I post this.

I personally was looking for answers because of what I had as my resource. I personally have never used a robo call service. Heck I try to stear my clients clear of 90% of lead generating services period. I asked for a resource in my first post on this topic. And now we're finally getting somewhere. Appreciate your posts that are informative but dont appreciate your act tough over the internet posts. Here is where I found my I formation because I promised I would provide that. If you have an expertise in this area Id like to learn more, well I did. Hell I probably would have paid just to learn what you know knowing you've done your research because the last thing any of is want to do is provide bad info. http://www.consumer.ftc.gov/features/feature-0025-robocalls

No worries glad to help, wasn't trying to bully but I can see it was harsh and the article is way to broad, and kinda useless, I can see where it can be assumed if your trying to do good it's I'm cuz the scammers are getting fined.

Back