Leads Prospecting Guide from Greg Rosenthal

Re: Prospecting Guide That Greg Rosenthal Wrote

With respect to Mark's father, I'm sure he wrote this before the DNC.

We could think that except that it says specifically that a pre-approach letter gets around the Do-Not-Call list. Going off on a tangent I think we should all call our senators and congressmen and demand that politicians be added to the do not call list..I find the political calls the most annoying calls I recieve and they are exempt maybe if we make them follow the rules the rest of us live by they might rethink some of these laws.

We could think that except that it says specifically that a pre-approach letter gets around the Do-Not-Call list. Going off on a tangent I think we should all call our senators and congressmen and demand that politicians be added to the do not call list..I find the political calls the most annoying calls I recieve and they are exempt maybe if we make them follow the rules the rest of us live by they might rethink some of these laws.

I 100% agree with that and I have written to my congressman Brad Elsworth about that. I said at the very least there needs to be an "opt in" feature for people who DO want political calls. Anyone who doesn't opt in should not be called PERIOD.

Telemarketing, especially residential, will complete die off within about 10 to 15 years as more and more people move to cell phones and their only phone.

Currently it's against federal law to telemarket to any cell phone. There was rumors of a 411 cell phone directory but it's never been implemented.

There is currently no way for any telemarketing company to get a hold of your cell number. It's not published anywhere.

As years go by and this becomes the norm telemarketing will die. There will never be a law where anyone will be able to call cell number due to people having to purchase a certain number of minutes.

Currently, if you cold call the wrong person on their cell you could be in a world of hurt.

As years go by and this becomes the norm telemarketing will die. There will never be a law where anyone will be able to call cell number due to people having to purchase a certain number of minutes.
I don't know as more people move to having a cell as their only phone free incoming calls may become standardized. I know my phone has free incoming calls.

Personally I think every law passed by Congress must be enacted on them as well.

Marketing will just change. There will probably be more "free" gifts and things with mailers to get people to allow them to be called.

Marketing will just change. There will probably be more "free" gifts and things with mailers to get people to allow them to be called.

I hate free gift marketing, it gets people to respond for the gift and not for the insurance...its like incentivizing internet leads. Gee I just want the Ipod.

that's for people on the Indiana STATE DNC list. It does not include the federal list. Most people are on the federal list not the state one.

No state can allow insurance agents to call people on the national DNC list...not even Indiana.

Actually that appears to be wrong. The National registery only deals with interstate calls.

Who is covered by the National Do Not Call Registry?
The National Do Not Call Registry applies to any plan, program, or campaign to sell goods or services through interstate phone calls. This includes telemarketers who solicit consumers, often on behalf of third party sellers. It also includes sellers who provide, offer to provide, or arrange to provide goods or services to consumers in exchange for payment.

That was from the wesbite donotcall.gov.

Ask an attorney in your state, I'm no lawyer.

Actually that appears to be wrong. The National registery only deals with interstate calls.

Who is covered by the National Do Not Call Registry?
The National Do Not Call Registry applies to any plan, program, or campaign to sell goods or services through interstate phone calls. This includes telemarketers who solicit consumers, often on behalf of third party sellers. It also includes sellers who provide, offer to provide, or arrange to provide goods or services to consumers in exchange for payment.

That was from the wesbite donotcall.gov.

Ask an attorney in your state, I'm no lawyer.

Wow, if that's true that opens a whole lot of people up again. Somehow I don't think in state calls are allowed but that is what it says. And Indiana's state registry does not apply to insurance agents. Hmmmmmmmm?

Wow, if that's true that opens a whole lot of people up again. Somehow I don't think in state calls are allowed but that is what it says. And Indiana's state registry does not apply to insurance agents. Hmmmmmmmm?

In fact many state statutes that I have read exclude people that need a license to solicit in their state, or that use the phone to set appointments up later for a sales presentation. Insurance agents, real estate agents immediatley come to mind.

Again I'm no lawyer

For example from the State of Montana's DNC website:

Some telemarketers will still be able to call. For example:
  • telemarketers you have authorized to call
  • telemarketers who have an existing or previous business relationship with you (Montana's list allows businesses to call within 180 days of your contact with them; the national list allows them to call within 18 months.)
  • telemarketers who are calling from their own homes
  • professionals licensed by the state can call to set up appointments
And from North Dakota:

"Do Not Call" Exceptions:
Even after you have registered you may still receive some calls, permitted by law. These are:
  • <LI class=Body>Calls by a volunteer or an employee of a charitable organization. <LI class=Body>Calls by or on behalf of a political party, candidate or other group with a political purpose. <LI class=Body>Calls made to you with your prior written request, consent, invitation or permission. <LI class=Body>Calls by or on behalf of persons or companies with whom you have had an established business or personal relationship within the past 24 months. <LI class=Body>Calls by an individual who intends to complete a sales presentation at a later face-to-face meeting.
  • Calls for which the exclusive purpose is to poll or solicit the expression of ideas, opinions or votes.
You get the idea.

Latest posts

Back