Leads Prospecting Guide from Greg Rosenthal

Re: Prospecting Guide That Greg Rosenthal Wrote

on donotcall.gov (or whatever the website is) it makes no mention of intrastate that I can see.
Federal DNC is run by FTC however when you go to FTC website and research DNC it directs you to FCC which my understanding is FTC runs DNC for FCC and what I posted is directly from FCC website.

At one time I believed appointment setting was not considered telemarketing as well but have been advised differently.

If appointment setting isn't telemarketing then the gloves would be off for most of the industry that wants to send a sales agent to the customer's home which accounted for a large portion of the calls; home security systems, patio enclosures, satellite TV, home improvements, and any "our reps will be in your area next week" pitches.

Mark Thank you for sharing with us newbies the lead prospecting guide by your dad.I just sent you an email requesting the free tapes.This is some really good info!

Is it o.k. to call small businesses to sell insurance products and not be subject to the DNC list?

Not so great in Maine...Maine has made it to illegal to door knock seniors and also illegal to cross sell on a medicare appointment for anything not disclosed prior to the acceptance of the appointment.

Don't get me wrong I think these programs can be good but it just seems everytime you turn around more and more restrictions are placed on how one can generate business by politicians that are not subject to the same rules.

I have not placed my phone on the DNC list and I'll tell you policital calls are starting to heat up and I hate those more than anything. Maybe it has something to do with the fact they are not subject to the same rules that I am...oh and my taxes go to pay for them to scr*w me over with new rules.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

That was my point say I lived in CA and wanted to get rid of the out of state telemarketers and I was willing to recieve solicitations from local businesses so I sign up for the CA list and CA lists me automatically on the Fed list meaning the well thought out exclusion in CA is superceded by the Fed list.

And personally why is a non-profit calling me to suck money out of me with out providing me any service considered different then a company calling to sell me a product I can recieve benefit from? Yes I know my rant will change nothing

That is why I am a libertarian. The two party system of republican and democrat do nothing but create more restrictions, and laws that make it harder for entrepreneurs, and reduce our liberties that made this country GREAT.

Back