Leaving Notes

cdsnuts

Guru
100+ Post Club
I know some of you don't roll this way, but for those of you that do. What is the consensus if you leave a note, don't get a call, and then the very next day you're back again? Too much? Should you wait a day before going back? Interested in hearing the opinions.

Last edited:
Here's what I've started doing with pretty good success.

I tend to work WAY out of my own back yard -- minimum 1.5 to 2 hour drive from home.

When I get stood up or no-showed (not on a door-knock), I do two things:

1) I stick a business card in my prospect's door with a little note that reads, "Lisa -- You missed our 9:30AM appointment today. Drove 2 hours from Chattanooga to see you. I'd appreciate a call back. -Rearden."

Next, I call leaving a voicemail, saying,

"Hey Lisa, this is Rearden calling. We set an appointment today for 9:30AM yesterday evening; I just knocked on your door and no one seems to be here. I drove all the way from Chattanooga, 2 hours away for this one appointment. I'd appreciate a call back due to the driving I had to do to get here. My number is xxx-xxx-xxx. Again, this is Rearden calling about the appointment we set last night for today at 9:30AM that you missed."

I seem to get about 50% of them calling back, either apologizing and rescheduling, or apologizing and telling me to pound sand.

Either way I get a response.

And for door knocks without pre-set appointments, if I'm in the area later that day or the following day, I leave a "Delivery Notice" sticky note on the door to entice a call back. Works about 50% of the time.

I know some of you don't roll this way, but for those of you that do. What is the consensus if you leave a note, don't get a call, and then the very next day you're back again? Too much? Should you wait a day before going back? Interested in hearing the opinions.

If I get no showed then I leave my card. No note, no calls to them. The card is a reminder that I was there.

I usually never hear from them again. They don't hear from me again until they send in a card the next time they get one in the mail.

Doorknocks not home I leave my card and a note. Maybe 25% of those call me and only about 10% of the ones that call will agree to meet. I do not go back to those either unless they call.

I do not call them because they don't have a phone. I would have never doorknocked them if I had a phone number. Unless I've been calling and calling with no success. Even then I won't call again once I leave them a note.

I used to do it Reardens way. Then JDs. Now I just keep a 24 pack of generic toilet paper in the trunk.

You sell more with a smile on your face :)

Here's what I've started doing with pretty good success.

I tend to work WAY out of my own back yard -- minimum 1.5 to 2 hour drive from home.

When I get stood up or no-showed (not on a door-knock), I do two things:

1) I stick a business card in my prospect's door with a little note that reads, "Lisa -- You missed our 9:30AM appointment today. Drove 2 hours from Chattanooga to see you. I'd appreciate a call back. -Rearden."

Next, I call leaving a voicemail, saying,

"Hey Lisa, this is Rearden calling. We set an appointment today for 9:30AM yesterday evening; I just knocked on your door and no one seems to be here. I drove all the way from Chattanooga, 2 hours away for this one appointment. I'd appreciate a call back due to the driving I had to do to get here. My number is xxx-xxx-xxx. Again, this is Rearden calling about the appointment we set last night for today at 9:30AM that you missed."

I seem to get about 50% of them calling back, either apologizing and rescheduling, or apologizing and telling me to pound sand.

Either way I get a response.

And for door knocks without pre-set appointments, if I'm in the area later that day or the following day, I leave a "Delivery Notice" sticky note on the door to entice a call back. Works about 50% of the time.

I was unclear. What I should have said was I do leave a "delivery notice." on their door. My question was, if they don't call that night, should I go back and knock again the next day. These aren't set appointments....just knocks.

I was unclear. What I should have said was I do leave a "delivery notice." on their door. My question was, if they don't call that night, should I go back and knock again the next day. These aren't set appointments....just knocks.
Delivery notices are a time management tool for that particular day. A trick to signal their arrival home. A delivery sticker today has no relevance to tomorrow. The next day, work the lead like new.

I used to do it Reardens way. Then JDs. Now I just keep a 24 pack of generic toilet paper in the trunk.

You sell more with a smile on your face :)

"Generic" toilet paper? Being toilet paper is probably the worse job to have....and to not even have a name, too? How sad. :goofy:

Back