• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.

Legacy from Senior Life. An alternative idea

Agreed - The Agent has to be able to communicate the value proposition (training/script) for it to work well...

In your example - really you can find a prem that's $50/month cheaper than SL on average? If so, that $4000 casket savings evaporates at month 80 or 6.67 years. I think maybe $20 month is a better example...even overpriced NorthStar Legacy is usually +30% or +$25 versus others.

There's no carrier with monthly premiums $50 cheaper. That's why I said "if", using a very extreme example to show the savings Legacy provides.

my thought is,. if a really nice casket costs $999. , who needs legacy??

Here's why...it was mentioned above....read the bold print.....

Don't forget Legacy not only provides $4000-$5000 discounts on the total price of the casket, vault, and monument (and urn) as well as negotiating the price of the funeral/cremation with the funeral home on behalf of the family. Legacy has added: discounts on diabetic socks, diabetic shoes, hearing aids, free annual hearing exam, 24 hour tele-medicine AND these savings are included for up to a max. of 4 family members completely free.

Legacy's savings are so much more than a cheap price on a casket. Legacy's caskets are 18 gauge steel like the funeral homes use. The caskets at Costco for only $995 are 20 gauge steel, not 18 gauge. The lower the gauge # the stronger the steel.

Legacy also has free shipping of the merchandise to the funeral home.

The problem isn’t necessarily the product. It’s also a company that’s willing to transfer agents against their will. Do some research before anyone chooses to sell for them even though this isn’t the topic at hand.

If an agent moves to a protected territory then that agent is transferred to the RVP of that protected territory. The only protected territories at the present are FL., La., and western TX. These areas are protected because the RVP's in these areas have huge production numbers from their teams.

6 months ago I had a 22 year old guy who issued $20k-$28k each month who lived out west. He moved back to Fl and he was transferred to the RVP of south FL. Didn't faze me at all. Why? Because it's best to worry about things you can change, not things you cannot change.

As a general rule, SL doesn't allow agents from jumping around from mgr. to mgr. And mgr.'s don't usually tolerate it either. Creates too much friction. We're on the same team and have a gentleman's agreement about these matters.

doesn't allow agents from jumping around from mgr. to mgr.

that’s not at all what happened. You continue to promote a company that will transfer an agent without their permission after the agent contracts with a specific person.

You continue to promote a company who’s regional RVP‘s will not even communicate with an agent that they’ve stolen from another person.

i’m happy for your success there but this is probably the most unethical company in the insurance business and people need to know that every time their name comes up.

SL has no a.m. best rating, and legscy assurance has no certifiable proof they will be able to back up their claims on funeral merchandise years into the future. It all sounds well and good but it’s no better than a prescription discount card used to induce a sale.

If you can't beat 'em, join 'em. Want more sizzle to help sell that steak?
Sell a fraternal!:idea:

SL has no a.m. best rating, and legscy assurance has no certifiable proof they will be able to back up their claims on funeral merchandise years into the future. It all sounds well and good but it’s no better than a prescription discount card used to induce a sale.

AM Best ratings don't mean anything. Remember Settlers? I believe they were rated A- one day and the next day in receivership with the Va. Dept. of Ins.

Which was the result of a crooked reinsurer stealing the money.

That's correct. That's why AM Best doesn't guarantee anything to anyone.

Sr Life meets the financial requirements of each state dept. of insurance it does business in. That's all that matters. BBB and AM Best are of little value. All you have to do is purchase a membership and then they'll say nice things about you.

Last edited:
Back