Legacy from Senior Life. An alternative idea

LOL did you really just make that comparison?

An organization that will apparently provide a benefit sometime long in the future is hardly the same as a gym that goes out of business tomorrow. A gym isn't promising you something 10/15/20 years from now.

Holy crap man never go full toolbelt.

Let me describe this better than I did before:

I'm saying suppose I pay $500 for a one year gym membership that includes free yoga classes. Everything is going fine but then that gym closes its doors on month 3. Nothing is guaranteed except death and sometimes taxes.

Or let's say I have a pest exterminating co. come out to my house to get rid of termites. As part of their package that I buy it includes them doing a free termite inspection once a year for the next 3 years. When it's time for the free termite inspection a year later they are out of business.

Here's why...it was mentioned above....read the bold print.....

Don't forget Legacy not only provides $4000-$5000 discounts on the total price of the casket, vault, and monument (and urn) as well as negotiating the price of the funeral/cremation with the funeral home on behalf of the family. Legacy has added: discounts on diabetic socks, diabetic shoes, hearing aids, free annual hearing exam, 24 hour tele-medicine AND these savings are included for up to a max. of 4 family members completely free.

Legacy's savings are so much more than a cheap price on a casket. Legacy's caskets are 18 gauge steel like the funeral homes use. The caskets at Costco for only $995 are 20 gauge steel, not 18 gauge. The lower the gauge # the stronger the steel.

Legacy also has free shipping of the merchandise to the funeral home.

I want an OSB box with a treated plywood lid.

Let me describe this better than I did before:

I'm saying suppose I pay $500 for a one year gym membership that includes free yoga classes. Everything is going fine but then that gym closes its doors on month 3. Nothing is guaranteed except death and sometimes taxes.

Or let's say I have a pest exterminating co. come out to my house to get rid of termites. As part of their package that I buy it includes them doing a free termite inspection once a year for the next 3 years. When it's time for the free termite inspection a year later they are out of business.

Gregg - those business comparisons are no where near the Legacy product where people are paying for future pricing guarantees that may or may not be available during a time when their loved one has died. Gonna suck if Legacy is belly up.

Insurance agents?

Can you imagine if one of us had come on here a year ago and talked about a pandemic and mandatory mask and curfews. Mom and pop shops shut down and Walmart fully open.

Some of my uber-successful clients are on anxiety meds.
Next year we will be on here saying “A year ago we would never have believed the United States would have a negative interest rate. Now it’s the new norm. “

Last edited:
Just squeezed in a haircut before they are shut down until 2021.

This chit crazy.
I'd get a Flowbee like George Clooney if I had any hair. So I guess I have that in common with George, in that it doesn't matter either way.:nah:

Latest posts

Back