Life Insurance For Undocumented/illegal Residents?

New7

What company will issue life insurance to an undocumented/illegal resident in California? He has been here for years, is self-employed, has children that are citizens and has no intention of moving.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Going to be tough with almost anyone. He's going to have to have some sort of documentation to meet an SSI number something.

I come across at least one of these guys a day (OK almost). I wished there was a carrier that could write them under the south-of-border i.d. (?)

First Colony/Genworth had a program for them at one time. Can't say if it is still around. AmGen might have had something similar.

I went to a meeting, maybe two years ago, where a guy from TX or NM came in promoting his deal for Hispanics. Almost sure they were writing insurance on illegals but can't say for sure. I do remember they did not require a SSN.

Bowen sponsored the seminar. They might be able to help.

First Colony/Genworth had a program for them at one time. Can't say if it is still around. AmGen might have had something similar.

I went to a meeting, maybe two years ago, where a guy from TX or NM came in promoting his deal for Hispanics. Almost sure they were writing insurance on illegals but can't say for sure. I do remember they did not require a SSN.

Bowen sponsored the seminar. They might be able to help.

Wow. No G Card, no visa, no ssn .. can't believe my eyes. I wonder what the catch is. Will call em tomorrow. (maybe I hit the mother lode LOL) Thanks, somarco!

What company will issue life insurance to an undocumented/illegal resident in California? He has been here for years, is self-employed, has children that are citizens and has no intention of moving.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

How much life insurance and what type? If he has a TIN, I can get him an FE policy; but I don't know of any company that will do full underwritten without legal status. Every underwriting process I know ask the question about legal residency.

You also might want to be careful about disclosing that information to an insurance carrier. They may have an obligation to report it.

I just lost a Canadian applicant a while back for a small 100k policy. The carrier (now the name escapes me) wanted a listing of all assets here and abroad. Really pretty silly stuff for such a small policy.

Again, this was maybe 2 yrs ago, but the policy amounts under the Hispanic program were small face amounts. Simplified issue.

The guy who put this program together was himself Hispanic with a knockout wife. Perhaps that is why I can't remember his name. Focused too much on her . . .

He had the carriers put together material that was more than English brochures translated into Spanish, but was actually rewritten to address Hispanic family values. He spent a lot of time talking about the family hierarchy in Hispanic families and how it differs from Anglo-Saxon families.

The program was impressive if you wanted to write small face amounts in homes and were willing to bring in a translator and split commissions.

Call Marc Bowen rather than the carrier.

Back